Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Replacing all lips and side skirts on an 06 SS

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 01:06 PM
1 Year Member
Exclamation Replacing all lips and side skirts on an 06 SS

So today I had to drive through a very long road that was all rock because they must be paving it sometime soon. Not even thinking it would damage my car as log as I drive slow, I didn't bother turning around and drove through it as slow as I could. I honestly think the town should have closed off the road because this was about a 2 mile road of straight up rocks. By the time I got to where I needed to be, I got out and now have deep scratches all along the side skirts, and back lip on my 2006 Monte Carlo SS. How much would it cost to replace both front and back lips as well as both of my side skirts or to have them all stripped and repainted?? My front lip was pretty beat up when I bought the car so I figure I should have that fixed as well

Last edited by SuperSportSS; 04-24-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:06 PM

to replace them is going to be expensive. to fix it i couldnt even give a ballpark figure. i guess it would depend how bad the damage is and what part of the country youre in. perhaps you should try and contact the city where this stretch of road lies, and talk to them about this. i think out here if theres a pot hole or road damaged thats already been reported as being a major issue, and you break a wheel theyre supposed to cover it. obviously they know there road is jacked up, but if it was bad enough to trash your cars stock body kit it shouldve been closed. another option would be if you have full coverage on the car have insurance cover it. youd have to pay your deductible, but itll be way cheaper than buying a new kit, not to mention painting to match, or you can try and have the city pay the deductible.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:45 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

It's easy to fix em prob lookin at $600 for a shop (depending on hour rates) to repair em and repaint and reinstall

Old 04-25-2013, 08:04 AM

or...do it yourself, which i recommend. lol =]

Old 04-25-2013, 10:17 AM

Like Mike said, depends on your shops rates. A repair won't be too hefty, especially compared to buying new. Like said above, get in touch with that cities service department. We have tons of potholes here because our snow plow drivers don't know how to drive a plow truck and they tear up the road. The city paid for a lot of repairs and alignments this spring.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:30 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by SuperSportSS
So today I had to drive through a very long road that was all rock because they must be paving it sometime soon. Not even thinking it would damage my car as log as I drive slow, I didn't bother turning around and drove through it as slow as I could. I honestly think the town should have closed off the road because this was about a 2 mile road of straight up rocks. By the time I got to where I needed to be, I got out and now have deep scratches all along the side skirts, and back lip on my 2006 Monte Carlo SS. How much would it cost to replace both front and back lips as well as both of my side skirts or to have them all stripped and repainted?? My front lip was pretty beat up when I bought the car so I figure I should have that fixed as well
would you sell the old body kit if you get a new one

Old 05-07-2013, 10:21 AM

Stick with a fill and repaint. If you're looking for all new you'll easily spend $2,000 on the cheap side. Once repainted you can always purchase the inserts for $50-$70. Also, I found out the side rocker panels are all interchangeable for Monte's 2000-2007. Just an idea, should they be beyond repair.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:19 PM

Out of curiosity, how did gravel scratch up your ground effects? I understand chips, but deep scratches?

Old 10-15-2013, 01:10 AM
1 Year Member

Had all scratches removed from this finally! They weren't as deep as I had initially thought but there were still a good amount of scratches on the rockers. Still angry the town had left a 2-mile major road like that full of gravel but you live and you learn, right?