Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

7th Gen ('06-'07): Rear Wheel Drive build thread, It is happening..

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 05:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Monte SSV
xxshockerxx: I did make Intense's W-body meet last year. I couldn't stay all day- they were sort of disappointed I had to leave but I had made other plans. If Intense has another W-body meet in this area I will make every effort to make it. Right now Matt (MistressSS) has let me know about a meet locally I am trying to work in. So to be honest - no definitive plans yet, but I am trying.
Supersport: All my You-Tube videos were made in Salt Lake - I don't plan on any new ones, unless somehow or another I can get my '07 to the strip and have it recorded there, other than that, no I don't plan on any more U-Tube videos. Thanks for asking. Sam
Hopefully I will see you there. You have one car I would really like to see in person.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:25 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by SSilver
ShineARide.com

"This is a 2006 Chevy, Monte Carlo SS, RWD with a OE LS1 Corvette, engine in it, with only six-miles" "

Too bad the car in the pictures is not a 2006, and the LS1 engine is in a completely different car...Notice the Master Cylinder....I call B.S.
Looks to be an f-body bay.. lame..

Oh well, can't wait to see Sam's progress!

Old 02-26-2015, 03:54 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey Mitch: I have to tell you that you might have been the inspiration for my new build. I remember a picture of a 6th Gen Monte - a Red one like yours that was photo-shop'd with some rear large rear tires. Made it look like a RWD. I really liked the look - kinda helped me decide that was what I wanted.
Like Zippy02 was the inspiration for my first build and you or at least I think it was you are the inspiration for my RWD build. SAM

Old 02-26-2015, 04:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Haha that was Mitch's photoshop, it was his signature picture for a while

Old 03-03-2015, 02:21 AM

Yes that's the car. Obviously my memory was wrong in recalling the details and I apologize BUT that is the car I was talking about and it's pretty awesome IMO

I Personally believe that the Monte is in fact Rwd though. This guy has a few vehicles for sale that are completely custom. If you click the shinearide link he has a custom duramax swapped truck. Easiest way to figure it out is go look at the car. It's in mt. Sterling Ohio lol

If you take a look at the vehicles and boats This guy has in his garage, I have no problem believing he handed someone a ton of cash and said make this thing rwd lol

Im sure you guys have seen this video before but if not it just proves it can and has been done

Last edited by Supercharged04; 03-03-2015 at 03:23 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:37 AM
15 Year Member

I think if I had a RWD monte that was as nice as that white one is - I wouldn't abuse it by doing donuts and showing off to a crowd of people who probably don't appreciate what the car is, such as he did.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Supercharged04
Yes that's the car. Obviously my memory was wrong in recalling the details and I apologize BUT that is the car I was talking about and it's pretty awesome IMO

I Personally believe that the Monte is in fact Rwd though. This guy has a few vehicles for sale that are completely custom. If you click the shinearide link he has a custom duramax swapped truck. Easiest way to figure it out is go look at the car. It's in mt. Sterling Ohio lol

If you take a look at the vehicles and boats This guy has in his garage, I have no problem believing he handed someone a ton of cash and said make this thing rwd lol

Im sure you guys have seen this video before but if not it just proves it can and has been done
2000 Monte Carlo SS made rwd - YouTube
If I remember right that build was 20k with and LS6 in it.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Monte SSV
I think if I had a RWD monte that was as nice as that white one is - I wouldn't abuse it by doing donuts and showing off to a crowd of people who probably don't appreciate what the car is, such as he did.
I agree that the middle of an intersection is not the place to be doing what he is doing but if I had that car it would be hard to resist doing it in a parking lot or something

Old 03-19-2015, 07:26 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2015
1 Year Member
Default wow!

That's the most awesome thing I've ever heard of!

Old 05-01-2015, 10:05 PM

Looking forward to updates!

Quick Reply: 7th Gen ('06-'07): Rear Wheel Drive build thread, It is happening..