Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

7th Gen ('06-'07): Rear Wheel Drive build thread, It is happening..

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 07:16 AM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

xxshockerxx: I did make Intense's W-body meet last year. I couldn't stay all day- they were sort of disappointed I had to leave but I had made other plans. If Intense has another W-body meet in this area I will make every effort to make it. Right now Matt (MistressSS) has let me know about a meet locally I am trying to work in. So to be honest - no definitive plans yet, but I am trying.
Supersport: All my You-Tube videos were made in Salt Lake - I don't plan on any new ones, unless somehow or another I can get my '07 to the strip and have it recorded there, other than that, no I don't plan on any more U-Tube videos. Thanks for asking. Sam

Old 02-19-2015, 05:23 PM

Wow 3 years?! I couldn't wait that long! That Monte carlo is going to be amazing when it's finished. What plans do you have for the looks? New paint job or anything?

Old 02-20-2015, 12:28 AM

Believe it or not this is not the first 06-07 Monte that I've seen converted to rwd. I saw one in summer that was orange and black and had a ls7 in it. I think it had like a total of 10 miles LOL. They wanted like 75,000 for it though. Wish I could find it so I could show it. It was completely custom and was badass.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:20 AM
15 Year Member

Red Monte: I am going to paint the whole car '02 Monte Carlo Midnight metallic Blue. It will have all the SS fascia, front, sides and rear include all the SS badges and an SS steering wheel - you won't know it was an LT to begin with. No body mods, strictly stock looking except maybe for the 13"+ wide back tires, the front tires will be stock sized tires and I plan on getting Forgeline wheels for it that closely match the OEM SS Wheels that come on the SS from the factory.
Supercharged04: Do you know if that RWD '07 you saw was framed or just a modified unibody?

Old 02-20-2015, 08:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Red Monte Carlo
Wow 3 years?! I couldn't wait that long!
It's not like he doesn't have an amazing beast to drive during those 3 years

Old 02-21-2015, 07:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Monte SSV
David (StumpMI): We live so close we have to make a point of getting together sometime this year. My'06 won't be complete - so my '07 is my only option at this time. Stay in touch. SAM
Sam, let me know if you guys do, I'd like to join if it's okay.

This year's W-Body meet is Sat, June 13th (same location as the last two) and several of us are planning to be there so if you can make it, Sam, all the better. And, like I mentioned, our Spring Meet is Sat, May 30th and, if you are able to make that as well, we would love to have you and the 07 there.

Frame looks great and I like the color choice.

Old 02-24-2015, 07:23 AM
15 Year Member

Matt: The W-body meet was in Royal Oak last year and if it is the same place again this year - hopefully I if I go I can stay longer than I did last year. The Spring meet on the 30th of May I will just have to play it by ear. I will put both on my calendar and try my best to make them - but at this stage of the game it is a bit early to tell if I can or can't but I will try. If nothing else I would just look forward to meeting everyone I have corresponded with on this forum - now that will be the exciting part.

Old 02-25-2015, 03:37 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Very awesome start to this project and look forward to following this build!

I skipped last year's w body meet but went the year before. I'm planning on being there again this year with turbo monte though!

Old 02-25-2015, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Monte SSV
Do you know if that RWD '07 you saw was framed or just a modified unibody?
ShineARide.com

"This is a 2006 Chevy, Monte Carlo SS, RWD with a OE LS1 Corvette, engine in it, with only six-miles" "

Too bad the car in the pictures is not a 2006, and the LS1 engine is in a completely different car...Notice the Master Cylinder....I call B.S.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:22 PM
15 Year Member

I noticed some other small telltale signs about this car that tells me this is not or was it ever converted to RWD. I agree - some meadow muffins have been tossed around here on this claim.

Quick Reply: 7th Gen ('06-'07): Rear Wheel Drive build thread, It is happening..