6th Gen ('00-'05): Powder coating - Page 2 - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Powder coating

Old 01-27-2019, 02:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice. Are you going to wrinkle paint the upper intake too?

Old 01-27-2019, 03:02 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac View Post
Nice. Are you going to wrinkle paint the upper intake too?
Thanks. Im going to go with the blue with black on the raised lettering. Trying to figure out if I want to spend A LOT of time smoothling out the casting or not. I really want to get it back on the road

Old 01-30-2019, 04:12 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Getting closer. Intake and valve covers are back in. Plenum is coated and my excessive self has decided to do the manifolds and heat shields. Ceramic coating on manifolds and xover pipe with some high heat powder on the shields. I sure wish i knew i was going to go this far because i would have done the timing xhain cover when i had that off

Old 01-30-2019, 05:41 PM

Looks great , really interested in seeing manifolds and cross over pipe after some use .

Old 01-30-2019, 08:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That UIM looks nice. When are you ripping the throttle body apart lol. Heck, if you want to performance mod this a little bit, half shaft the throttle body and bypass the coolant that flows a through it. I did it to the 3400 in my Grand Am, nice little mod (my Grand Am has a few low budget mods that makes it a little extra fun).
Here's the half shafting information:
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/fw...hafting-56966/

Keep showing us those cool pics!!!

Old 01-31-2019, 12:18 PM

Jealous of that intake.. Man I would have went nuts for that some years back..

Old 01-31-2019, 05:59 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by wht02monte View Post
Jealous of that intake.. Man I would have went nuts for that some years back..
Thanks man. Alot of work hours into it. Now im contemplating getting another monte just so i can do it from the ground up, ive got some ideas. Working on her now so ill post some pics later tonight

Old 02-05-2019, 06:27 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Been a bit busy lately with customers wanting their stuff done too but I made some progress putting things back together. I just ordered enough split look to replace all the old raggedy stuff in there. @maniac I did that throttle bracket just cuz you mentioned it, I'm going to go back and do the half shaft mod and I'll black the TB out then as well as getting the rest of the bolts and nuts done

​​​​

​​​

Last edited by khel72; 02-05-2019 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:41 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS View Post
Looks great , really interested in seeing manifolds and cross over pipe after some use .
When I get some miles on it I'll post pics of them. It's really an experiment to find out. Theoretically they should be good with ceramic, wrapped, and high heat powder coat on the shields. Worse comes to worse I'll just strip them and cerakote them too. Im a powder guy is the only reason it's not all ceramic. Plus I hate working with the cerakote... horrible smell

Last edited by khel72; 02-06-2019 at 01:12 AM.

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.