Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

7th Gen ('06-'07): Possible body modifications

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 01:22 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

As far as the body kit goes, I think I would have to get something totally custom done if I were to like it, and so that it flowed well with factory lines and such. Just wanted to get a few other members ideas/opinions on them as I don't see a ton with body kits or anything like that.

The hood I definitely want to do something to, eventually I will probably have a body shop do some custom work to my stock hood and have a small cowl like that of the orange monte/one I photoshopped.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mike 00LS
The orange monte's whole front end is custom - it's a 6th gen with a swapped 7th gen front end (you can see the 3800 under the hood).

I do like the idea of adding the cowl hood - I've always been a fan of them. I hate the extreme dimensions / razzi body kits, though. Way too overdone.
So is it also possible to swap (direct bolt on replacement) a 6th generation hood, fender, headlights and bumper (dealership designs intimidator) on to a 7th generation Monte? I want a v8 but I hate the front end of the 7th gen.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:01 AM

I am just wondering, because if it is a simple bolt on swap, I will be purchasing a V8 06 or 07 Monte Pala and swapping out the wheels, front end and possibly the rear bumper cover.
I am assuming it is, but you never know unless you ask... so does anyone know for sure?

Old 02-21-2012, 04:03 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by DuSSt
As far as the body kit goes, I think I would have to get something totally custom done if I were to like it, and so that it flowed well with factory lines and such. Just wanted to get a few other members ideas/opinions on them as I don't see a ton with body kits or anything like that.

The hood I definitely want to do something to, eventually I will probably have a body shop do some custom work to my stock hood and have a small cowl like that of the orange monte/one I photoshopped.
That's one reason I am doing my front facia custom, a one off, I want it to be tottaly unique, just hope when I'm done it looks a lot like what I posted in the signature.... Mjc...

Old 02-21-2012, 02:32 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Bittner58
I am just wondering, because if it is a simple bolt on swap, I will be purchasing a V8 06 or 07 Monte Pala and swapping out the wheels, front end and possibly the rear bumper cover.
I am assuming it is, but you never know unless you ask... so does anyone know for sure?
I don't see why as you can swap the 7th gen to the 6th gen that you could not likewise swap out the 6th gen to the 7th gen, but not 100% sure either.

And i may end up doing something with the body, but doubtful other than the hood, which will have to be custom made unless someone starts making cowl hoods, but nothing wrong with having a one of a kind either

Old 02-21-2012, 03:14 PM

Im guessing it is do able, it is just a question of how many problems I would run into. If anyone else has done this swap before, I would love to know.