Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

7th Gen ('06-'07): Possible body modifications

Old 02-15-2012, 12:09 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Possible body modifications

Would like to get a hood similar to this one here on the orange monte for my monte eventually, have photoshopped an mpd hood to kinda resemble this :P and also has anyone ever looked into the extreme dimensions body kits? Kinda like the looks of them, but last thing I would ever want to do is take away the american(ness) of the monte and chevy

Let me know what you think on all of the above

Attached Thumbnails Possible body modifications-edge%252004.jpg   Possible body modifications-modified-hood.jpg   Possible body modifications-00.jpg   Possible body modifications-imagescazggaeo.jpg  

Last edited by DuSSt; 02-15-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by DuSSt
Would like to get a hood similar to this one here on the orange monte for my monte eventually, have photoshopped an mpd hood to kinda resemble this :P and also has anyone ever looked into the extreme dimensions body kits? Kinda like the looks of them, but last thing I would ever want to do is take away the american(ness) of the monte and chevy

Let me know what you think on all of the above

i may get the ECTREAM Demtions F1 body kit, is thatthe one you are looking at? I LOVE it alot.. then addingn my mods willl make it look like my Signatue picture.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by MJClemm
i may get the ECTREAM Demtions F1 body kit, is thatthe one you are looking at? I LOVE it alot.. then addingn my mods willl make it look like my Signatue picture.
I guess its made by duraflex, have yet to find any great pictures of one complete, but can be found here, and some other places.
Redirect Notice

Old 02-17-2012, 08:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have never seen a small cowl hood like that before, I guess it might be custom.

As for the other kit, those are completely fiberglass kits, so the fit will probably not be perfect and someone who is very good with fiberglass will have to put that on, it can get pretty expensive just to get it to fit properly, then you have to paint.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:41 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Most fiberglass kits also come shipped raw outta the mold so theres alot of surface work that needs to be done aswell

Old 02-17-2012, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I have never seen a small cowl hood like that before, I guess it might be custom.

As for the other kit, those are completely fiberglass kits, so the fit will probably not be perfect and someone who is very good with fiberglass will have to put that on, it can get pretty expensive just to get it to fit properly, then you have to paint.
I would assume that the hood on the orange monte is custom, as I havn't seen another like it either, I like the looks of it though, the mpd ram air hood doesn't quite have the right lines that I would want I think.

The fiberglass part and installation, etc was one concern I would have for sure, once again, I would probably want to do something totally custom there if I were going to do something so that it looked factory, and not like an additional piece..which would also be a lot of work like the fiberglass would be..idk just thoughts I'm toying around with, havn't seen a 7th gen with a body kit yet, although I'm sure some are out there.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:10 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Have you checked out the Razzi body kit? That would look great on your car in black.

Monte Carlo Body Kit | 2006-2007 Razzi #2717 | Factory Wings
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/308593...et-monte-carlo

Old 02-17-2012, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by DuSSt
I would assume that the hood on the orange monte is custom
The orange monte's whole front end is custom - it's a 6th gen with a swapped 7th gen front end (you can see the 3800 under the hood).

I do like the idea of adding the cowl hood - I've always been a fan of them. I hate the extreme dimensions / razzi body kits, though. Way too overdone.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year

sorry but i hate any body kit for any 6th and 7th gen monte
especially the razzi lol
i mean i can understand if its a regular monte with no factory body kit, but a high sport monte or the 06/07 SS's look badass with the factory kit on them, i think its the best looking one out there

get a ram air hood though and it'll look BEAST

Old 02-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

why don't you just swap out the impala ss front end and call it a day?

I don't like any of the body kits or hoods for the 7th gens and you can't go wrong with the rear lip on the SS

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 7th Gen ('06-'07): Possible body modifications