Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Plasti Dip Paint Job?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 05:24 PM

Sorry it took so long. Long story still somewhat long... I decided to call the cops. They sent out 2 officers to take a look and they took pictures and such. I also printed out my text log from AT&T because I have texts from her basically saying that if I don't pay her she'll "*&%& my car up" also have vm's from her about it to telling me to go outside and look at my car because she "drove by and thought it looked weird"

Basically, cops said they have more than enough proof for the prosecutor and such to do something about it. I'll probably get a decent amount of money from it (it was the whole rear driver quarter of the car). And I'm still going to plasti dip my car. <-which is what this thread is about, so lets get back on topic... What color do you think would look best? Matte White (w/ black slp grill and mirrors and emblems) or Flat Black? My monte is white btw.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

that's good that you're getting it taken care of, good for you for sure

I think flat black would look better honestly, flat black is clean!

7th Gen:

Here's a bonneville:

and a badass Camaro:

I say go for it!

Old 02-26-2012, 06:44 PM

Okay, so looking at the Flat Black monte made me (uh how do I put this nicely) have to change my underwear haha! Seriously, it'd be like driving the Batmobile. Also might throw on some hood scoops and an F-1 body kit and have my headlights/taillights smoked out and windows tinted?

Old 02-26-2012, 06:52 PM

BTW I have an old Camry door I'm gna practice spraying first.

I tried putting up pics of my car before paint damage, but it won't show in my sig since I'm new/:

Old 02-26-2012, 07:54 PM

Good to hear you have that evidence on your side. When someone mentioned voicemails, etc. earlier, I scrolled up looking and couldn't find where you mentioned it before now.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by JCoxx93
Okay, so looking at the Flat Black monte made me (uh how do I put this nicely) have to change my underwear haha! Seriously, it'd be like driving the Batmobile. Also might throw on some hood scoops and an F-1 body kit and have my headlights/taillights smoked out and windows tinted?
It's okay, the keys are sticky!!!

Where are you located?

BTW I have an old Camry door I'm gna practice spraying first.

I tried putting up pics of my car before paint damage, but it won't show in my sig since I'm new/:
You can just post them here, they should post fine in a new post in this thread.

Originally Posted by KJRich
Good to hear you have that evidence on your side. When someone mentioned voicemails, etc. earlier, I scrolled up looking and couldn't find where you mentioned it before now.
It's all good, that's why I repeated it haha

Old 02-26-2012, 08:22 PM

Good! And I'm in SW Indiana right outside of Evansville. I think I will be doing the PlastiDip next weekend with a buddy of mine! So pics will be up in this thread as soon as that happens! Also going to do my rims with it and clearcoat them.

Here is my sig.(Obviously pic is before paint damage)

Old 02-26-2012, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member

Good! And I'm in SW Indiana right outside of Evansville. I think I will be doing the PlastiDip next weekend with a buddy of mine! So pics will be up in this thread as soon as that happens! Also going to do my rims with it and clearcoat them.

Here is my sig.(Obviously pic is before paint damage)

That's a nice looking monte for sure, notice that if you do the plastidip then clear, the clear will rub off with the plastidip also, which could be good or bad

Old 02-26-2012, 08:47 PM

Thanks! I need a new fender due to the metal splitting. So I orrdered those concept fenders! And if it comes off with the plastidip then that is a plus. I don't want any of it to be permanent.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:30 PM

Gonna be a cool project man,cant wait to see the end results!

Quick Reply: Plasti Dip Paint Job?