Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint/Body Work/Exterior (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/)
-   -   Plasti Dip Paint Job? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/plasti-dip-paint-job-34488/)

JCoxx93 02-26-2012 02:53 PM

Plasti Dip Paint Job?

Due to an ex-gf recently pouring brake fluid all over my beloved Monte:( , I need a new paint job. I don't have the money for a 3-4k nice flat back paint job like I want, but I have seen people at car shows who used plasti dip to temporarily make their car flat black while saving money for good paint... Any opinions on this, flat black monte = good or bad? It peels right off, so I mean I could always just powerwash it off if it looks too terrible.

red04montels 02-26-2012 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by JCoxx93 (Post 427164)
Due to an ex-gf recently pouring brake fluid all over my beloved Monte:( , I need a new paint job. I don't have the money for a 3-4k nice flat back paint job like I want, but I have seen people at car shows who used plasti dip to temporarily make their car flat black while saving money for good paint... Any opinions on this, flat black monte = good or bad? It peels right off, so I mean I could always just powerwash it off if it looks too terrible.

A flat black monte may look a little weird but it could look completely awesome too, the only thing is that with my experiences with plasti-dip it rubs off if it's touched too hard, i did an interior part and it's starting to rub off already.

why don't you turn your ex in for what she did? that's a felony and she would have to pay for all damages... :thumbsdown:

jimbo7 02-26-2012 03:00 PM

yeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh...........call the cops. take pics of damages and any other evidence like voicemails, texts, fb messages, ect.

red04montels 02-26-2012 03:01 PM

also, you should post pics, upload them to photobucket and post the img code here, there may be something else that you can do

bearbear3_4 02-26-2012 03:06 PM

You'd be better off using spray paint and a flat clear. I did my engine bay with plastidip it looked good at first but its hard to keep clean and scratches really easy.

JCoxx93 02-26-2012 03:08 PM

Okay... and its a little more in depth than that with the ex-gf situation. I owed her money on the monte(a verbal agreement) and was working on trying to get an apartment and had no money to pay her. And I think that a flat black monte with clearcoated white racing stripes and side decals would look sweet. Along with red calipers.

EDIT: Also thinking about adding on GT Concept fenders. http://www.customautotrim.com/bodyki...0-2007/104414/

red04montels 02-26-2012 03:14 PM

she still has no right to destruct your property, assuming the monte is in your name.

I would take this further because there is nothing in writing saying you owe her money, it's just your say against hers.

Regardless, I don't care if you owe her 500 bucks or 5,000 bucks, she physically harmed your property and that's illegal and she should have to pay you for that or pay to get it fixed.

KJRich 02-26-2012 03:24 PM

It also probably would be his word against hers regarding the paint damage. Not likely to be any pics or video of her doing it, so no proof.

lougreen03 02-26-2012 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15 (Post 427177)
she still has no right to destruct your property, assuming the monte is in your name.

I would take this further because there is nothing in writing saying you owe her money, it's just your say against hers.

Regardless, I don't care if you owe her 500 bucks or 5,000 bucks, she physically harmed your property and that's illegal and she should have to pay you for that or pay to get it fixed.

I agree. but its your choice to just let it go. I would like to see the pics too.

red04montels 02-26-2012 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by KJRich (Post 427179)
It also probably would be his word against hers regarding the paint damage. Not likely to be any pics or video of her doing it, so no proof.

that's where I would hope the voicemails and texts and stuff come into play to support his side