Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

need help with new paint

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 06:09 PM
Default need help with new paint

alright here is the deal. i found a really sweet mustang for a very good price but the car needs the paint job fixed. it was originaly red then painted silver. in spots around the windshield/windows and inside the doors on the hinges and stuff the red is visible. i am in lake zurich il and i was just wondering if any of you chicagoans new of a good spot to go that does a good job for a reasonable fee. i am just going to match the silver as it looks very cool. also this is a 94 gt. the owner put in a cobra motor and trans. a new rear end. new clutch tires and the cobra type r rims. any help is much appreciated.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009

get in touch with Inssanity

He is very helpful when it comes for painting and body work,

I think he works forr a body shop out there in ChicagoLand that place may do the job for you, He may post here soon.

If I was out there ya he and that shop would be doing my little body work

Wish you the best on the new project, Always fun to drive a Fast Car

Old 04-20-2009, 09:20 PM

yeah im pretty excited. i will take pics for sure. i am bringing it to my mechanic tomorrow for him to tell me if its worth buying or not

Old 04-23-2009, 09:05 PM

do you plan on fixing the color inside the door jambs, under hood etc... if so that will add alot to your paint job estimate: basically your car will have to be stripped down as if it was in a chop shop.. door , hood, trunk, all glass, bumpers, fenders etc etc etc lol

im an auto painter aswell ....but sorry im up here in canada

alot cheaper to do just the outside but i firmly believe if your gonna paint your car it HAS to be done right, specially with a color change

Old 04-24-2009, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by mavrickf1613
get in touch with Inssanity

He is very helpful when it comes for painting and body work,

I think he works forr a body shop out there in ChicagoLand that place may do the job for you, He may post here soon.

If I was out there ya he and that shop would be doing my little body work

Wish you the best on the new project, Always fun to drive a Fast Car
thanks for the intro on that one maverick. ive been real busy lately so im not on as much.
but the most reputable shops around the area and the one that i work at is Royal Coach in Bartlett. if you go in for an estimate tell them Adam Z. recomended you to come.
hope to see your car lookin good soon.