Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

7th Gen ('06-'07): keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 08:57 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default keyless entry

Not sure if this thread goes here but I have a question

Ok my key less entry system is acting weird.

Open door key fob works new batteries in both and new battery in car 3 months old.

Not sure what to look up to find if there is some thing is loose but not sure where to look I have checked all the usual places if there is a messed up wire and blown fuse.

most of the things are no longer made for a 12 year old car. mainly the interior and stock rims for it as well as some electrical other than the most common things that break for now.
exept the key less entry module where every where said it is not a option even though our cars came with the basic as well as the auto start option on some models

i am drawing a blank on where to look next as well as wanting to pull my hair

Old 06-18-2019, 08:53 AM
15 Year Member

yes the batteries have been replaced in the controllers and 3 month old car battery

Old 06-18-2019, 10:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Are you just having issues unlocking the car from a distance with the FOB?

If so, it's not you, it's the car. There was a TSB about the range on them, and the whole module needs to be replaced. But it's not a safety issue, so it was never a recall, and you aren't under warranty anymore, so it's all out of pocket.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/Ch...d__2334176.pdf

Old 06-18-2019, 11:13 PM
15 Year Member

its not from a distance it is like it stops working till I open the door then the fob works then stops working also hitting the unlock button is finiky as well. it is frustraiting to be honest chibi. not just that it is a little frustrating to be honest. if it is not one electrical issue fixed it is another. love the car because I get amazing mpg out of it. as well it runs great for the most part. have to change the pan gasket because it is leaking it didn't get put on right when I got the pan dropped and filter changed. plus trans mount broke. I noticed that when I changed out the dog bones as well as the mounts they go on at the radiator. granted at least I know what it needs and go from there. thank you for your help chibi

Last edited by monte07; 06-18-2019 at 11:18 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:02 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question Sometimes the FOB itself

Originally Posted by monte07
its not from a distance it is like it stops working till I open the door then the fob works then stops working also hitting the unlock button is finiky as well. it is frustraiting to be honest chibi. not just that it is a little frustrating to be honest. if it is not one electrical issue fixed it is another. love the car because I get amazing mpg out of it. as well it runs great for the most part. have to change the pan gasket because it is leaking it didn't get put on right when I got the pan dropped and filter changed. plus trans mount broke. I noticed that when I changed out the dog bones as well as the mounts they go on at the radiator. granted at least I know what it needs and go from there. thank you for your help chibi
Sometimes the FOB itself gets a bit grimy inside where the buttons are and I have taken them apart and clean the contact surfaces with an pencil eraser. Especially on the ones the wife uses she has some allergies and the fingertips on the remote make them grimy. You can order new remotes I have done that a reprogrammed them to work. If you have changed out the radio in the Car that is no longer an option GM programs all that stuff thru the radio system. I have gotten mine thru Ebay and the are OE ones and work great. (just an option) Good Luck!