Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Installation of fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 08:41 AM
Default Installation of fog lights

I just bought a 2003 Monte and it didn’t come with fog lights. I found the assembly kit on Amazon and bought it. I was wondering if it is at any way difficult to install. Are there any directions out there to show how to install them? I found the fog light connecter under the hood but there is only one so I’m assuming the fog light would be wired together somehow and only one needs to be plugged into the connecter. Any help on this would be appreciated. Oh, and if it matters I have the fog light button on the column next to the steering wheel and I did test the connector for power and it does.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Are there dummy grills in the holes for the fog lights? Or are the holes completely open? It almost sounds like a previous owner might have swapped out the factory fog lights for some aftermarket ones. Then took them out when he/she sold the car. If that's the case, then you're in luck. You'll have a lot less wiring to do.

Another member installed fog lights in his non-foglight-equipped LS. He had to wire up everything from scratch. Including the installation of a switch inside the car.

Both lights can use the same 12 volt source. Since they come on at the same time. Unlike turn signals, which have to operate separately.