Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

I'm full of questions!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 09:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010
Talking I'm full of questions!!!!

Okay,,,yet another question. They just keep poping up at random times! Just can't help it lol. But anyway, I'm paying to get my car buffed, polished and rewaxed soon. So my question is, what kinda touch-up paint would you guys recommend me to buy and give to the guy to fix up the paint while he's in the process of fixin her up? Bcuz my car has some paint chips in the hood from rocks and other crap living out in the country so I wanna get those fixed so I won't have to worry about them anymore.

Ohh and one more thing. I just looked up some threads about painting the tires, well not the tires but like the Goodyear and what not on them, and so I decided that I'm gonna do that whenever I get my new tires in December when I go to Missouri but the question is, what color? White, yellow, silver, red? Or should I just keep them the way they are? It's really hard for me to imagine it with any of those colors done which is making the decision even harder and is it possible to get the tire paint off if i ever decide that i don't want it on there anymore?

Thanks guys for all your help so far and for dealing with all my questions!

Old 09-23-2009, 10:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Go to a Chevy dealer and get the genuine GM paint stick...mine had to be ordered, but the color is exact, and came from GM.....its was like 13 bucks for the touch up thing, it has a small brush, or you can remove this insert and use it as a pen...

I would leave the tire all black, but thats me...if you paint them, go with white...
I would worry about the paint peeling off over the years that you have the tire, and that would just look crappy!

Old 09-23-2009, 10:52 PM

if i were to paint them i would definetely either do yellow or white... red just wouldnt look right, u know?

Old 09-23-2009, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
Go to a Chevy dealer and get the genuine GM paint stick...mine had to be ordered, but the color is exact, and came from GM.....its was like 13 bucks for the touch up thing, it has a small brush, or you can remove this insert and use it as a pen...

I would leave the tire all black, but thats me...if you paint them, go with white...
I would worry about the paint peeling off over the years that you have the tire, and that would just look crappy!
awesome. i'll most def try to call the dealer tomorrow to check that out. and yeah that's what i was afraid of with the paint but idk i'm really going back and forth about all that and if i did it now that i think about it i wouldn't go with the red lol i was just throwing out ideas at the time

Old 09-24-2009, 12:29 AM

if you are going to spend money on a wax buff job, might as well look up some mobile touchup guys. get some real paint and clear on your car.

BUT

alot of those guys dont like doing top of vehicles because the repair can be noticed at times

Old 09-24-2009, 12:34 AM

I know I'm not helping, but I was wondering SpinEm_90, what is it costing you to do this buffed, polished, and rewaxed with paint chips filled in? I have so many tiny little chips and scratches on my car, I'd really like to take care of those some time.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:00 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I wouldn't paint your tires. They are known to crack and peel and break off when you paint them. You have to think all the weight and movement these tires are under, and they are a malleable surface, so when the paint dries and hardens, the second the tires squeeze or get warm and start to flex, the paint isn't going to go with it.

Also, a lot of the scratches should come out with the buff job if he's good.

I do agree with mamonte_mike with the GM paint sticks though. Eventhough black is black... it's better to get GMs black and you might as well grab a clear stick too.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:47 AM

Hey Britt, I just contaced my body guy for you. As soon as he gets back at me I'll let you know the price. I told him you'll be providing paint. I'm gonna try to talk him into doing some minor stuff for my car with me providing material for a bottle of vodka...if he goes for it he might be able to do both our cars

Old 09-24-2009, 03:47 PM

yeahh i think i decided while i was sitting there looking over my car earlier today that i'm probably not gonna do the tires. it might be a lil bit too much ya know and too much of a hussle by the sound of things. and this weekend i'm gonna call the dealership and check out if they got any touch up paint for me to go get.