Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Help with tinting

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 08:59 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

gutted int...apparently this happens alot... but it's a 4d ...sad... but saw the car seat and sent me on my way

Old 08-20-2009, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by drewskie043
pure2sin, you do know that IF you do get pulled over, you COULD get a ticket since the law in MN is 50% right? don't get me wrong, i love the way it looks on your monte, but with my experiences the cops around here can be d*cks about it. not worth the hassle imo.
Funny you mention that. lol So on my way home from getting the windows tinted I see a cop behind me (State trooper) on 694w he looks like he is checking me out and I thought "I will get off at the Century exit and ditch him." As I quickly get off at the exit he crosses the median lines and fallows me. At this point I am thinking 1. If I get pulled over I can't roll the windows down because of the new tint he is gonna shoot me lol and 2. I am getting multiple tickets for sure. As I pulled upto the light he turns with me but after a while pulls a u-turn and pulls away. The thing I do (atleast in the summer) when I see a cop behind me is roll the windows down. Atleast then you have tons of light and it doesn't look so bad. I think around here unless you are doing something wrong and/or are in a bad area you should be ok. I have been passed by many cops and even has them behind me and have not been pulled over yet (knock on wood) lol

Old 08-20-2009, 01:53 PM

yeah i think most of the time they are looking for a dui or something else big, but when they can't find nothing, they hassle you about your tint. it doesn't help you have a 2 door sporty looking car either.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:54 PM

Well I'm kind of late to this thread. But I'm in KY, and have 20% tint all around (except windshield). Got it done professionally for 150 with a life time warranty. And I hate it, not nearly as dark as I'd like it to be. I will be getting it redone by a friend, 10% front side windows and rear, 5% rear windows, and windshield banner.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Pure2sin
I live in MN and its 50% here on all windows unless you own a SUV, Truck or Van than for some reason you can do anything you want. I have 30% all around and couldn't be happier. I paid about $200 with a lifetime warranty. All depends on where you go and what type of film you use. The more expensive film is ceramic and is for cars with GPS and other electronics that might get disrupted by regular tint. I have the regular and it works fine.
Where you get that deal at?

Old 08-25-2009, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by iMSeRiOuS
Where you get that deal at?
I went to "Sun Control" off Rice St. They are in a strip mall right next to a goodyear shop. What I did was tell them I wanted to price match Zeebart for the tint and go around $30 off because Zeebart was cheaper.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:54 PM

i had my car 20% all the way around with a 6" tint ban on the windsheild, which comes in very handy when the sun would normally be in your eyes. The law here is 50% which is horrible, because quiet frankly its very difficult to see a difference from non tinted windows to 50% tinted. Ive never had any problems with the cops about it, and it ran me $200

Old 09-08-2009, 10:19 AM

i live in michigan and law here is whatever tint on back windows and on front 2 can only have 4 inchs from the top thats it. i got a 05 monte with limo on every window and windshield has 35%. cant see in any window and havent been pulled over yet. my car before this i got pulled over about 8 times, but everytime i take it off then put it back on.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Tinted windshield.... Smart...

Old 09-08-2009, 04:53 PM

I've never gotten in trouble with my tint yet, 25% on the front side windows and 15% on the other three. Law in Wyoming is something weird like 27%.

Then again I'm one of those guys that only rolls up the windows when it's raining hard or below 20 degrees.

Quick Reply: Help with tinting