Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Got in an accident!!! :-(

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 11:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Stop using these "800#" insurance companies. I left one such company as soon as my driving record was good enough that I could put my cars with the same AGENT who works for State Farm and manages my home insurance.
I learned how crappy a 800# insurnace service is when I was using the same 800# service as a jerk who hit me. The battle was ugly. The reps could not answer my questions, low balled my car value and treated me like the accident the OTHER motorist caused was MY fault and protected the guy who caused the problem. OH and their fancy CCC report to value my car against was NOT incompliance with Ohio State Law....
Since having an agent, I've needed him or his office and BAM, right there with what I needed.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:36 PM

Yeah all the trouble their putting me threw doesnt really seem worth it I was looking at Allstate, State Farm, and Safeauto my mother has had them since i was born lol but their just too expensive they just look at my age and race and think im an instant liabilty my record was completely clean and now I guess I have this accident where I was the only person involved on my record possibly

Old 02-15-2012, 02:19 PM

I have AAA, never had an issue with them. They are extremely nice and work with you 100% of the time.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:59 PM

Some pics of the damage!! Its at the bodyshop today and he said the front end so far is $4800 and he isnt even done accessing the rest of the damage im guessing the axle or frame is messed up guess we will wait and see Im afraid there going to try to total it out it sucks though cuz of all the money ive put into the car biggest thing getting the tranny solenoid replaced along with the fourth gear fix scared next Monte ill get ill have to do the same thing.

Attached Thumbnails Got in an accident!!! :-(-imag0047.jpg   Got in an accident!!! :-(-imag0048.jpg   Got in an accident!!! :-(-imag0051.jpg   Got in an accident!!! :-(-imag0066.jpg   Got in an accident!!! :-(-imag0082.jpg  

Old 02-16-2012, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by StrongTakeover
Some pics of the damage!! Its at the bodyshop today and he said the front end so far is $4800 and he isnt even done accessing the rest of the damage im guessing the axle or frame is messed up guess we will wait and see Im afraid there going to try to total it out it sucks though cuz of all the money ive put into the car biggest thing getting the tranny solenoid replaced along with the fourth gear fix scared next Monte ill get ill have to do the same thing.
Wow $4800 just for the front end... The hardest part I see them doing is getting the dents out of the roof. I dont want you to feel bad or call it early but $4800 worth of damage and your expecting that to go up, kinda doesnt look good (just being real) To be honest I dont think its $4.8k worth of damage unless there is something I missed.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Oh man, Sorry to hear about your accident but glad you weren't injured. If there isn't any structural damage and they total it you might be able to buy it back from the insurance company cheap then drop a new nose and rear bumper on it yourself. Then have a shop fix the roof and paint it. Obviously you'll have more money invested in the car, but you'll know it is mechanically sound because of the prior work you've done to it.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Sorry about your car man. But I am glad you are ok!

Old 02-16-2012, 08:32 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Your not going to get a good idea of the extent of the damage until that bumper cover and fender comes off. Unfortunately there may be more structural damage than it looks like. The accident never looks as bad initially as it actually is after everything is tore apart.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Oh man, Sorry to hear about your accident but glad you weren't injured. If there isn't any structural damage and they total it you might be able to buy it back from the insurance company cheap then drop a new nose and rear bumper on it yourself. Then have a shop fix the roof and paint it. Obviously you'll have more money invested in the car, but you'll know it is mechanically sound because of the prior work you've done to it.
Yeah iver put ALOT into it new brakes, rotors, tranny solenoid, getting fourth gear fixed, new MAF sensor (LAST WEEK!!!), new tire rods with two new tires for my winter rims, fuel filter sound system, alarm with remote start, tinted windows ITS SUCKS

Ive heard of people keeping totaled cars but if the frame is messed up if it something that bad im pretty sure the car will not ever be the same. I talked to the body shop guy he said he will let me come take the sound system and everything out if they total it I would like to get the remote start and everything out but I dont know how to do that so thats money going down the drain

Ive talked to my mother for advice they tell me to just stay positive but its hard. she was saying maybe I can find a newer monte 06 or 07 LT or LTZ but that will force me to get a car note and its something im scared of

Old 02-17-2012, 12:59 AM

Glad your okay man! Worst is the insurance comapany takes it and maybe you could get a 6th gen supercharged SS!! And my sister had her car backed over,it was about 4600 on damage and was tied up for almost a month and she couldnt drive the rentl car cause she wasnt 21,wasnt too bad cause our uncle is our agent.Hope it works out well for you tho man!

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): Got in an accident!!! :-(