Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Finally.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Pure2sin
O blah I wouldn't take it off if you like it then that's all the matters right? Plus doesn't it add like 100HP?
At least

Old 09-09-2009, 08:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Take em off. You dont' wanna pull next to a rustang, and then have them gloat that they beat the V8 Monte :P

Old 09-09-2009, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
Take em off. You dont' wanna pull next to a rustang, and then have them gloat that they beat the V8 Monte :P
Who said I have the intentions of losing to one

Old 09-09-2009, 09:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like the new spoiler...but how did you fill in the holes left over from the old surfboard spoiler? Because the new one you got is not the 06-07 Race Inspired spoiler....

And as for the SS Badges, the thing I don't like about it is that most car people know the 06-07 Monte SS is a V8, so if you race them, and loose, they think hahahaha I just beat a V8 Monte...If you want a similar look, and to add a little character to your car, why don't you get the RS custom decal kit? I found it on my chevy dealers website. http://www.courtesychevrolet.com/?ht...YCHEVYSANJOSE/ Then select 2007 Monte Carlo, and click on the aftermarket assecories tab...then you will see the kit...it does not come up under 2006 Monte for some reason.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:18 AM

MAMONTE, I actually know someone through the family who is going to patch the holes for me and re paint the trunk lid. And as for the RS emblems, I do want them lol except I don't want to pay close to $100

Old 09-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 1FastMonteCarloLT
MAMONTE, I actually know someone through the family who is going to patch the holes for me and re paint the trunk lid. And as for the RS emblems, I do want them lol except I don't want to pay close to $100
Sorry for pulling up an old post but, if you wanted to add a "Sportier" image with badging take a look at www.reflectiveconcepts.com Don't only look at Chevy, check out the others. Maybe cut the i off of the SSEi, or the Grand Am's V6 H.O. The RS from the Camaro, cut the O off of GTO, well you get the idea. Since these things don't really exist on a Monte Carlo most people won't get their panties in a knot about it. Just like the RS badges that Mike has you wouldn't be a poser and yet it would make your car MORE unique. Just a thought. They are actually overlays for the real badges but I see no reason they can't be used solo. Besides they run around $20-30 a set for the most part. Might have to call and ask or do a little research on the sizes.

Just started exploring this site and remembered how people reacted to your badges and figured I'd give you a heads-up.

BTW... Are your stripes done? Did I miss the new pics???

Old 09-24-2009, 08:05 PM

Keep the SS emblem. The SS monte really has been noting much. Specially the 4th gen SS with its HO 305 lol. I think it looks good. I think imma make my 3rd gen an SS when its done

Old 09-24-2009, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by JAFO
Sorry for pulling up an old post but, if you wanted to add a "Sportier" image with badging take a look at www.reflectiveconcepts.com Don't only look at Chevy, check out the others. Maybe cut the i off of the SSEi, or the Grand Am's V6 H.O. The RS from the Camaro, cut the O off of GTO, well you get the idea. Since these things don't really exist on a Monte Carlo most people won't get their panties in a knot about it. Just like the RS badges that Mike has you wouldn't be a poser and yet it would make your car MORE unique. Just a thought. They are actually overlays for the real badges but I see no reason they can't be used solo. Besides they run around $20-30 a set for the most part. Might have to call and ask or do a little research on the sizes.

Just started exploring this site and remembered how people reacted to your badges and figured I'd give you a heads-up.

BTW... Are your stripes done? Did I miss the new pics???
Thanks man, yea I got the stripes done. Sorry I didnt post a pic I'll do one. And thanks LoudBlazer I didn't know adding SuperSport emblems was such a sin lol. To the haters, I know I don't have the 5.3, yes, I know I don't have the body and yes I know I don't have all the extra stuff you guys do but it's super sporty to me and that's why I have the emblems and until I can find some emblems they are staying

Old 09-24-2009, 09:04 PM

Sorry it was dark and I had to use the Durango's headlights lol