Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Finally detailed my car!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 03:06 AM
Default Finally detailed my car!

After falling in love with Hi Temp's Medium cut polish yesterday, I was anxious to get busy on my car. I'm an autopian, so the first thing I noticed when I bought the car were the swirl marks. I bought some Meguiar's Fine Cut polish hoping it'd be aggressive enough to tackle em, not only was it not, it was a pain in the *** to work with. I attempted to detail it using my rotary w/a cutting pad and the fine cut polish, but it was such a pain in the *** that I gave up after doing the top of the trunk lid only. Not being one to just run out and buy something, I had done research on polishes and stuff and Hi Temp kept popping up. Then I found a vendor, loved the pricing, and decided to give them a shot. I detailed a Ford F-350 PowerStroke diesel yesterday and it made that thing gleam.

I woke up kinda late this morning, pretty beat from rubbing on that ginormous truck all day yesterday. So I had out to get busy on my car at roughly Noon. I washed it, polished it and waxed it. No need to clay it cause the aggressiveness of the medium cut and the cutting pad took care of any and all contaminants the clay would have, not to mention saved me some time as well. I finished up at about 7:30 tonight, it looked good from what I could tell, but you can not see swirls on a white car if not in direct sunlight. Of course I wasn't in direct sunlight so I couldn't see if I was getting rid of em or not, and by the time I was done, there was no more direct sunlight So after all that..................pics will be up tomorrow!