Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Door to Quarter Panel Interference

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by owens91
used a flat tip screwdriver, placed a couple inches between the lower rocker panel and just put a meesley bit of muscle into it
The rocker has a fastener that secures it to the fender. Did you remove that? Between that and the screws that keep the fender onto the wheelwell there's still a couple points that pull it back into its bad shape.

Old 01-31-2016, 07:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by farmerjg
The rocker has a fastener that secures it to the fender. Did you remove that? Between that and the screws that keep the fender onto the wheelwell there's still a couple points that pull it back into its bad shape.

no just put the screwdriver betweem the fender and door, like maybe 5 inches above the rocker

Old 02-01-2016, 07:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by farmerjg
Well this sucks. My fender rusted away from the bottom of the hinge pillar. There's two bolts that hold the fender onto the pillar and my fender completely rusted through and broke free of the pillar so now the fender is shifted aft and into the door. Looks like I can get a replacement fender for around $50. Hopefully painting won't be awful then I can just swap it out.

Damn you Midwestern weather!!!!
The treatments they put on the roads sure take there toll on the cars. Sometimes it helps to use mud flaps all around and when I drive the thing in real bad weather I will wash it as good as I can. I do have a Garage to put it in so that helps too. Good luck,