Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Dont Look Now !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

:p:p:p:p:p:p

Old 09-23-2010, 10:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Blazed, I'm diggin' the hood!! I've been trying to save for rims/tires (I hate my stock rims). I wonder if I should put the $$$ towards a hood instead....

Keep the pics coming!! BTW - Is there an issue with the hood flexing when shutting it due to the stock lifts being too stiff? I ran into that problem on my '84 Camaro when I ditched the steel hood and went fiberglass. I had to buy brand new shocks that handled the lighter weight of a fiberglass hood. I know another Camaro friend that cracked his fiberglass hood because he did not change the shocks....

Old 09-23-2010, 11:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Blazed, I'm diggin' the hood!! I've been trying to save for rims/tires (I hate my stock rims). I wonder if I should put the $$$ towards a hood instead....

Keep the pics coming!! BTW - Is there an issue with the hood flexing when shutting it due to the stock lifts being too stiff? I ran into that problem on my '84 Camaro when I ditched the steel hood and went fiberglass. I had to buy brand new shocks that handled the lighter weight of a fiberglass hood. I know another Camaro friend that cracked his fiberglass hood because he did not change the shocks....
thank you man !! i just sat the hood on the car last night to check the body lines of the car and hood the new hood weights 67 lbs so it is lighter than the stick hood 117 lbs but I did not hook up the hood struts or the lower Part of the hinges to the hood yet I will let you know if there is a problem when we do the real fit this weekend when I pick up my truck that is being painted .
I just had to see it on the car last night

Old 09-23-2010, 11:49 AM

What are you doing with the old hood?

Old 09-23-2010, 12:18 PM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Blazed SS
thank you man !! i just sat the hood on the car last night to check the body lines of the car and hood the new hood weights 67 lbs so it is lighter than the stick hood 117 lbs but I did not hook up the hood struts or the lower Part of the hinges to the hood yet I will let you know if there is a problem when we do the real fit this weekend when I pick up my truck that is being painted .
I just had to see it on the car last night
No problem for the extra info. I was like a kid at Christmas when I got my Camaro hood... Here's the test fit from that:
http://crzyz28.sytes.net/mycars/84ca...ytonahood.html

I should look at the Monte hood shocks, see if they are the same as the Camaro's (doubtful, but if they are, I may know the easy road to what to order).
The BAD answer a lot of people did for the hood shock being too stiff was get some worn out ones. I think that's lame.

I really like the hood though. Wonder, is there any different between that one and the one from PFYC?

Also, when you get the hood properly bolted on, you need to get up some under hood pics!!

Old 09-23-2010, 12:36 PM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by wht02monte
What are you doing with the old hood?
I don't know yet what I am going to do with it it is in great shape and my painter told me to sell it on Craig's list but I don't even know what it is Worth and there are not many 6th gens out here in Oregon . So just like all the other car parts I have from all my upgrades it probably just sit in a box in my garage unless you want it make me a offer

Old 09-23-2010, 12:47 PM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Blazed SS
I don't know yet what I am going to do with it it is in great shape and my painter told me to sell it on Craig's list but I don't even know what it is Worth and there are not many 6th gens out here in Oregon . So just like all the other car parts I have from all my upgrades it probably just sit in a box in my garage unless you want it make me a offer
Sell it!! Even if you get $30-$50, sell it.... My old Z28 hood is STILL in a box in my garage taking up room. I don't need it. I'd love to sell it for $50-$100 (and I think I may take it out of the box, clean it up, get pics and post it on Craigslist).

If I placed a fiberglass hood on my Monte, I could ONLY see keeping it if I wanted to put it on during the winter (save the fiberglass one from some winter abuse, like flying rock salt).

Other then that, if you don't have a use for it, sell it.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:48 PM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

No problem for the extra info. I was like a kid at Christmas when I got my Camaro hood... Here's the test fit from that:
http://crzyz28.sytes.net/mycars/84ca...ytonahood.html

man I love theat hood on the camaro

I should look at the Monte hood shocks, see if they are the same as the Camaro's (doubtful, but if they are, I may know the easy road to what to order).
cool I will when I get off of work

The BAD answer a lot of people did for the hood shock being too stiff was get some worn out ones. I think that's lame.

I really like the hood though. Wonder, is there any different between that one and the one from PFYC?
mine has a steel frame I think that is the biggest difference

Also, when you get the hood properly bolted on, you need to get up some under hood pics!!
LOL I will when I uploaded the pictures this morning I was thinking I should have done that the air box is very cool but the hood is back in the box

Old 09-23-2010, 12:51 PM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

Sell it!! Even if you get $30-$50, sell it.... My old Z28 hood is STILL in a box in my garage taking up room. I don't need it. I'd love to sell it for $50-$100 (and I think I may take it out of the box, clean it up, get pics and post it on Craigslist).

If I placed a fiberglass hood on my Monte, I could ONLY see keeping it if I wanted to put it on during the winter (save the fiberglass one from some winter abuse, like flying rock salt).

Other then that, if you don't have a use for it, sell it.
I told my painter we could paint a bullseye on it and use it for target pratice and that is when he told me to sell it LOL my car sits in my garage in the winter under a car cover

Old 09-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Looks great!! Definitely the best hood for the Monte.

Quick Reply: Dont Look Now !!