Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Black headlights

Old 03-18-2012, 02:41 PM
Default Black headlights

Ive been looking online for a while at them but im not real sure where the best place to get them from is and also if there are really any diffrences in the diffrent brands or if basically just anything was diffrent. Some are cheaper and some are more expensive so i dont want to just jump into something without knowing. Any help id appreciate it.

I have a white 03 SS with black 20s, black IPCW tails, dark tint and black pinstripe so i want some headlights that are noticably black. Ive never seen any in person so i dont really know how theyd look. If anyone with a white monte with black headlights has any pics please post one up for me.

Another question is that i have a lot of weight in the trunk (subs, box, car audio battery) so the rear sits lower than the front by about 1.5 to 2 inches. Is there anything anyone recommends to level the car out in the front. I dont want to put taller or stiffer in the rear but maybe lower the front a little. I dont really know which would be the best way though.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

just get what's cheapest, they're all from the same manufacturer, just different sellers...

Depo Pair Euro Style Black Halogen Headlights Head Lamps 00-05 Chevy Monte Carlo | eBay

here's some black housed headlights on a white monte, it's on frank's monte

Also for the springs, your car may ride weird if you just lower the front, most people put in stiffer springs or spring blockers for the rears to level them out

Old 03-18-2012, 02:56 PM

Alrite thanks. Would the stiffer springs in the back make it ride weird to?

Old 03-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by sisson16
Alrite thanks. Would the stiffer springs in the back make it ride weird to?
i haven't read anything with people having problems with them yet

https://www.wbodystore.com/Rear-Heig...ngs-p-304.html

Old 03-18-2012, 03:19 PM

Are those the ones you suggest i get? Or should i do some measuring and see exactly how much the diffrence is? Do i need any special tools?

Old 03-18-2012, 03:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

hey man i also read your pm, i didnt buy my headlights new. i traded them for my stockers so i couldnt tell you what brand they are

for your springs you could also try spring boosters first, they'll run you just under $10 or so at your auto parts store they raise your car a lil with all that weight
i installed rubber ones on mine and it raised it a good 3/4 inch :p

the spring boosters look like this
i've seen 3 diff kind....

these twist in between your coils with a ratchet

these rubber ones go in between your coils too

and these also go in between the coils haha, they're made of rubber as well

Old 03-18-2012, 03:24 PM

2011 Monte Of The Year

here's a better pic of my black headlights

Old 03-18-2012, 03:40 PM

so with the spring boosters you just take the wheel off and put them in the middle of the spring and when it loads it just stops it from going down as far and overall makes it sit a little higher all the time?

Old 03-18-2012, 03:45 PM

2011 Monte Of The Year

Originally Posted by sisson16
so with the spring boosters you just take the wheel off and put them in the middle of the spring and when it loads it just stops it from going down as far and overall makes it sit a little higher all the time?
sounds about right...
have to jack your car up some though, guy at auto parts store told me i had to get my spring removed to install the rubber ones but with a little lubricant they slide in easier
the twist in ones are much easier to install he said, all you do is position it in between the coils and use a ratchet to twist it in into place

Old 03-18-2012, 03:52 PM

So basically get the twist in ones if they have em? Im on my way ill just have to check them out when i get there

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Black headlights