Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: I think I'll vote for ?
Obama
26.32%
Romney
39.47%
I won't vote for anyone
34.21%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

> Your VOTE please <

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 08:22 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

CNN Electoral Map
Hi Member's, we are tied on the MCF at present
Seattle `Mike, you are correct that we need to change the process & remove the electoral college & let it be decided by the majority vote(s)...It's not a good system & needs to be revised/changed.
Predict which candidate will win each state and see who reaches 270 electoral votes first. Click on a state to choose Obama, click again to choose Romney. Or, click on a state and use the buttons in the right-hand column to make your selections.

Total number of Electoral College votes: 538
Total needed to win: 270

CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

Click to view map/more
================================================== ==
ps.
November 2012 MOTM Nominations
Click above
Don't 4-get to nominate & Vote in our November 2012 MOTM contest, thanks

Last edited by Space; 10-22-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:01 PM

Are you watching the last debate 2night ?
The owner of my company lets us broadcast it over our warehouse PA system & we now have a TV in the worker's lounge. Our work poll is presently 50/50 % with 3 undecided.
Pretty close with what the national percentage is now
It is a very close race 4-Sure
I hope the best man wins ? ? ? ? I would not want the position with all the problems to solve...

I do hope everyone votes for who they think is the best to lead our country & resolve our massive problems...Peace/Out

Old 10-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space

Space, they look like they're singing a duet in that picture. Maybe "I got you babe" by Sonny & Cher???

I know you probably never heard of it Space. So click the link --->

Old 10-23-2012, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
Space, they look like they're singing a duet in that picture. Maybe "I got you babe" by Sonny & Cher???

LoL `Lou, I did not know that song & searched 4 it on U-Tube.
That picture above did look like they could've been singing a duet (LOL)...Maybe the loser can try out for one of those TV singing contest (LOL)

I did check this morning on what they say happened last eve on the debate...(I just love how the news commentator's tell you their opinions on what they think & you should think) WoW ~> LOL

^ Click above `if you want to listen to the song Lou (Taz) posted
"I got U `babe", but I lost you 2 a dude that drove a SuperCharged
Monte Carlo ~>

Last edited by Space; 10-23-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

The polls can be manipulated to show what ever they want. The only poll that matters is election day. Until then, it's anybody's race to be won.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
The polls can be manipulated to show what ever they want. The only poll that matters is election day. Until then, it's any body's race to be won.

I agree 100% `Lou, the only polls I believe in are our MCF Polls ~> 4-Sure

I do believe that the election is going to be close & I think that's good & hopefully makes people do some research/homework (?)...But, like Seattle `Mike stated in his previous post is that our system of the electoral college does not mean the man with the most votes Wins ? I don't think it should be that way, but that is the way it is until "We the People" demand a change...Most I found at work didn't even understand our electoral college process...I find that `sad

I do hope that whoever wins that both candidates would work together or meet & discuss their idea's in private...Romney has proven that he can make $ for himself, & I hope that he could make $'s 4 the USA if he wins or not...

I think the major corporations will make $'s no matter who wins...They sure have invested millions in both candidates 4-Sure....I believe a change is over`due in the way we elect people for office that are in charge of running our nation...

Peace/Out from my tired `Mind...Thanks 4 read'in this far & whats been fall'in outa my mind

Last edited by Space; 10-23-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

I'm not an expert on U.S. politics. But from what I understand, the electoral college system seems kinda messed up. Not that the system here in Canada is any better. We don't even get to vote directly for the Prime Minister. The Prime Minister is the leader of the party that wins the most seats in the house. I wish we could vote directly for the Prime Minister like you guys do with the President.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
If the Government allowed the voice of the people to be acted upon I would agree with your statement, but that isn't the case. An entire State could vote for a particular candidate, but the electoral votes could be awarded to the other candidate - the complete opposite of what the people wanted.
?
Thanks `Lou (Taz) for your words/contributions to this thread & I agree with you that everyone should be able to vote directly for the candidate of their choice & that their vote is counted.

The ones in office made these laws & the people did not understand them or did nothing to object...They shall remain, until they are changed...They will only change `if "We the People insist that they be changed"
American's has become complacent & to busy trying to survive, or get what they need/want/desire to find/take the time to get involved...I think the government made it that way...Keep the people involved in just surviving & they won't have time to make a change ? ? lol...4-Sure

Just like `Seattle Mike stated above....I believe it has to be changed to be fair to the majority that `vote...

It's not that way now..."We the people must `Act if we want positive change for the better"..., If not ?, it will just continue the way it presently is People must get involved or be lead like sheep to _____________________< fill in the blank

Last edited by Space; 10-24-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

I voted... I have to get an absentee ballot, I won't be able to go home... Both candidates don't seem like the right choice for America, but we'll see I guess.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

I think the fate of the Presidency needs to be decided as it should be...

IN MORTAL KOMBAT !!!

I vote her

Quick Reply: > Your VOTE please <