Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: I think I'll vote for ?
Obama
26.32%
Romney
39.47%
I won't vote for anyone
34.21%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

> Your VOTE please <

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
i have always been told if you dont vote you cant complain. You just have to accept it all. High taxes, gas pricesand all the other things people b**ch aboutlol. I will vote in Nov.

Well said `Lou, thanks for your post & vote.

If it were only true that `if you don't Vote you were not permitted to complain It is sad that so many don't get involved & do not vote. I do HOPE that the majority does get involved and change the things/people in the system that aren't or can't do their jobs to make it better for `all
I believe we need accountability from everyone in government 4-Sure...

I am finding the poll results so far very interesting...Thanks member's for your contributions...I look forward to checking back to see the new results...

Last edited by Space; 10-19-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:32 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by zzapultimate
I vote for `Space to be our president
I'm with ya on that one.

Attached Thumbnails &gt; Your VOTE please &lt;-vote-space.jpg  
Old 10-18-2012, 08:38 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

I'll vote for the one who takes less $$ out of my paycheck......

Old 10-18-2012, 09:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Im voting for Romney. I think 4 years is a dang long time to run a country and if you didn't make anything happen in those 4 years except spend tons of money, let someone else give it a shot. Lol

Amongst other things, I really appreciate romney and his views on a lot of things are how I think as well. I'll be voting nov. For sure! It's my first time being able to vote! And dangit I wanna b**ch if it doesn't work out. :P

Old 10-18-2012, 11:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

I was also gonna get in on that vote for Kid Space. Someone add him to the poll! Space is actually Space's last name - his first name is Kid. I don't know how many members remember that, but I'm guessing its more members than members who remember "Mork from Ork". But neither KidSpace nor Mork were born on earth, let alone in America - are they elligible?

I'm Canadian and don't even have an opinion, but in my visits to America I have noticed that many Americans are very vocal about hating Obama. I don't remember a more hated President. At Bristol this year there was a dude with a whole concession set up selling only Obama Hater merchandise (tshirts, mug and crap).

This has been a very ugly Presidential campaign all around

Old 10-19-2012, 12:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
This has been a very ugly Presidential campaign all around
Couldn't agree more. With more and more people sharing their political views on social networks, it's easy to see such a large amount of hate for both sides. I have many friends who will "like" or "share" several posts a day which convey information that is usually entirely false or gives no credit to an original, factual source. But yet when I see them in person, they have nothing to say politics wise (Confident enough to talk crap on Facebook but yet they can't spread those lies in person, hmm.. sounds a little odd to me but that's the way Social Media is heading) It's also sad to think that many will cast their vote, simply on some garbage they read over the internet or see on a commercial. These commercials are paid for by the die-hard Obama fans and the die-hard Romney fans, always something to keep in mind.

Even at this point I'm still unsure who will get my vote. President Obama has stumbled more than a few times in the debates and Romney has seemed to change some of his views along the way. Both sides have their flaws, after all, their only human like you and me, aside from Space

As much as I don't like the saying, "Are you better off now than you were four years ago?" I do buy into it a little. Thanks to Obama increasing the Pell Grant amount, I'm able to save quite a bit on my schooling. (I believe he plans to raise it even more should he be re-elected) I'd estimate an additional $10k I would have to barrow privately without that funding. Don't get me wrong, that money has to come from somewhere, but if I can graduate with any less debt, I'm more than okay with that. So to all of you who say Obama hasn't done sh**, sorry but he has done quite a few good things. I also see Romney as having the potential of doing a few good things too, not at all going to bash him here.

No matter who wins this election, I don't see us getting out of the hole we are already in as a nation any time soon. IMHO, neither one of these men have put forth a legitimate plan to get us entirely out of this debt, I don't even think it is humanly possible (We need help from the far outer 'Space )

Old 10-19-2012, 07:39 AM

Thanks again Member's for your posts/Votes and not bashing candidates or other member's posted opinions..

Thanks `Lou (Taz), Brent & member's 4 your support & funnies (LOL) I am not eligible 4-Sure...

I personally am embarrassed by the behavior of our politician s's in the USA & it has become like a circus There is No RESPECT for one another Our manner's have been forgotten There is massive disrespect for the Office of our President...(The highest Office in our Country)

Just be HONEST ? ? Tell us the TRUTH, your PLAN to make it better for `ALL...Tell us what you are going to do ? can do ? Don't sell your soul or principals/moral's..Do what is right, not what special interests dictate !

Last edited by Space; 10-19-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
i have always been told if you dont vote you cant complain. You just have to accept it all. High taxes, gas pricesand all the other things people b**ch aboutlol. I will vote in Nov.
^ True statement ^

Originally Posted by Ashley.Marie
Im voting for Romney. I think 4 years is a dang long time to run a country and if you didn't make anything happen in those 4 years except spend tons of money, let someone else give it a shot. Lol
It's going to take more than just 4 years to overcome the mess that Bush junior got us into. Just saying.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Voted here. I am not overly thrilled about eaither canidate this time but will vote anyway. Hope we have improvment to come.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
^ True statement ^

It's going to take more than just 4 years to overcome the mess that Bush junior got us into. Just saying.

Yes, `Matt, there is plenty of blame to go around for all parties for the wrongs & present condition of our country..Our national problems have been mounting for many decades & the people have been disenchanted & still have failed to get involved & push for a better nation....

Who elects these people in office ? 'We the People"..I think we need more of "We the People" to get involved to make it a better country, a better world 4-Sure... I also think "We the People" have to accept the Blame also.. I'm sorry I was busy partying & trying to make more $'s for fun/a car/home/booze/smokes/ etc (LOL) It is the `Me generation isn't it, or is it over ? Oh, where's my government check ? Whose gona increase it ?

What are you doing to make it better ? (I ask myself ?) Do you ?
I think we need to take care of our country (our home) first, b-4 we go to other countries. I think we need to stop the crime in our country b-4 we go to other countries and tell them how to live...The USA is no longer #1 I think we need to Lead by example & not by force. I think we do need the best defense force & let others know that we will defend with all our resources..I think we should never purposely HURT others...unless they attempt to hurt us first. I think to much (I think)...I do also pray a lot & do my best to make things better...I have not given `up & I hope the reader of my words doesn't give `up either...I am still proud to be an American, and I will continue to support my country in these difficult times...I hope that you will also ?
Peace/Out

Thanks for your post `Matt, & thanks Tadd, for your vote & post...

Last edited by Space; 10-19-2012 at 08:24 AM.

Quick Reply: > Your VOTE please <