Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

YOUR MCF MEMBER'S~> BLOG: Tuesday, 6/16/09

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 06:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, if its not one thing, its another...I just went to have the new spoiler installed, but just as my luck would have it, the old one was not only bolted on the trunk, but it was also double stick taped to the trunk....well, some of that double stick tape is near the VERY edge of the old spoiler, and the new spoiler goes onto the trunk about 1 inch less than the old one...therefore the marks from the double stick tape being removed show with the new spoiler....So I am driving around with no spoiler right now, and bringing it back in to the body shop first thing in the morning so they can re paint the upper portion of the trunk...that will cost an additional $200...So now instead of costing a total of $175 to do the swap (after selling the original spoiler), now it is going to cost me $375....errrr, but I just can't deal with the little marks....I am way to **** about my car to have marks on it like the ones the old spoiler left! I want it done right, and I guess for that I will have to pay! But it does look fricken fantastic with the new spoiler...I got to see a sneak peak when they mounted the new one to see if it covered the marks....holy cow, it looks amazing! So everyone please cross your fingers for me that by tomorrow night this whole spoiler thing is behind me, and looks as if it was new!

Old 06-16-2009, 07:17 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi everyone - not too much going on here. I just picked up a Blackberry storm last night as a phone upgrade. The software that runs the sync program will only work on windows. I downloaded some software for the mac but it kinda sucks - can't sync itunes or iphoto. So, I have Parallels installed on my mac and I'm waiting for the copy of Windows XP to come in the mail (I snatched that off of ebay). The ringtones kinda suck that came with the phone, but you can make any mp3 that you load onto the Blackberry as a ringtone. Sooo I will have to wait.