Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

MCF Member's Blog: Tuesday 5/19/09 -> Click & Post

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 05:02 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow MCF Member's Blog: Tuesday 5/19/09 -> Click & Post

Above by Johnny -Member- `GothKid
MCF ToDay
Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Monte Carlo Friends

__________________________________________________ __
MCF Member's
`Off Topic
ForEveryOne & EveryBody 2 Post
Member's Blog

What are you doing Today
* Members, tell us about yourself, your hobbie's/pets/kids,
best foods, vacation spot, clean jokes, etc.

Please don't hurt with your words/post `ok

- MCF Staff -

Last edited by Space; 05-19-2009 at 06:26 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:57 AM
Smile It's `all about `Love

"Perfection is not a Destination,
but a Direction"
Where do I `go ?
Lost
?

We have been given another `day to go and
love `Life, for what is Life without `Love ?
Wish everyone Peace/Love/Happiness, in their `Life.
on Planet `Earth...4-Sure

Only `Love can change our `World, &
it's so much better making changes owning & driving a
Chevrolet Monte Carlo on the roads of your World.
Go `Drive, Go Love `Life

Language of Love - How We Love One Another
Do you remember experiencing puppy love? Are you still waiting for the planets to align
in a certain way so that you can collide into your star-crossed`love ...Do you remember
the first time you saw a Chevrolet Monte Carlo & fell instantly in `love with it's design/power/price ?
http://healing.about.com/od/soulmates/a/love.htm

Last edited by Space; 05-20-2009 at 03:10 AM. Reason: 2 wish EveryOne a Happy `Day : )
Old 05-19-2009, 06:13 AM

Keep Your Higher Mileage Car on the RoadKeep your car on the road and out of the shop with MaxLife Motor Oil. It fights the four major causes of engine breakdown. See what they are and how MaxLife helps.
Check it out

Increase Your Night VisionStandard headlights are undergoing a revolution. New technology includes headlights that move with the direction of the vehicle. See what other advancements are in the works.
Read on

We're All About RacingFind out how Valvoline gives race teams the competitive edge they trust. Plus, keep up with all the latest motorsport news, results, insider commentary, photos and more right here.
Learn more

Continue the LegacyFor over 100 years, Valvoline has been providing racers a competitive edge. Now you can continue the legacy with Valvoline's line of racing formula lubricants.
Read about it

I.N. Sider ponders Richard Petty's first official involvement in the Indy 500 in the new Behind [Closed] Garage Doors column, now posted at Valvoline.com.

I.N. Sider is the pen name for an independent motorsports business-person who has a quarter-century of professional experience working in almost every major North American racing series. The writer is not an employee of Valvoline or Ashland Inc. The column is intended to inform, entertain, and stimulate thought on the contemporary motorsports scene. The opinions expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of Valvoline or Ashland Inc

Old 05-19-2009, 07:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Whats up Space. Its another beautiful day here in Lawton ,OK. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and it looks like someone is walking their dog for their morning business...ewwwwwwww.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:10 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning. Just got into work about 30 minutes ago. Had to pour through a couple of emails before logging on to the MCF.

Was talking to a guy who is going to be doing some installs for me. I'm currently saving up for ER Ratio Rockers + HV3 + a custom tune and he's going to do it for me reasonably. YAY!

Old 05-19-2009, 09:09 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

hows it goin, everyone. im jus setting in treehuggerology goofin off for a few till i go to tech...

space, i notced the little blurb on the headlights you posted lists headlights that turn with the vehicle as a "new" idea, but it was pioneered on a vehicle called the tucker, in the late 1940's, i think. im not tryin to find trouble, just thought id correct whatever sight you found it on, lol.

hope everyone has a good day!

Old 05-19-2009, 09:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

you correct the ideas of Space, and then say the word SIGHT instead of SITE!?

that's absurd

Old 05-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Howdy y'all!

Old 05-19-2009, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by skylark65
space, i notced the little blurb on the headlights you posted lists headlights that turn with the vehicle as a "new" idea, but it was pioneered on a vehicle called the tucker, in the late 1940's, i think. im not tryin to find trouble, just thought id correct whatever sight you found it on, lol.

Hi Ryan,
No Problem, No Trouble
~ Only Love can Change the World ~
I just rather `Love then `Hate & I share, cause I care
My dream is a World without `Hate, but I am a constant `Dreamer...
I don't think the article was claiming to be the first,
but just a update on the Revolution in technology.

Directional (steering) headlamps on a Citroën DS—the driver can see his way through curves.

These provide improved lighting for cornering. Some automobiles have their headlamps connected to the steering mechanism so the lights will follow the movement of the front wheels. Czech Tatra and 1920s Cadillacs were early implementer of such a technique, producing in the 1930s a vehicle with a central directional headlamp. The American 1948 Tucker Sedan was likewise equipped with a third central headlamp connected mechanically to the steering system. The 1967 French Citroën DS and 1970 Citroën SM were equipped with an elaborate dynamic headlamp positioning system that adjusted the headlamps' horizontal and vertical positioning in response to inputs from the vehicle's steering and suspension systems, though US regulations required this system to be removed from those models when sold in the USA.

Advanced front-lighting system (AFS)

There has been a recent resurgence in interest in the idea of moving or optimizing the headlight beam in response not only to vehicular steering and suspension dynamics, but also to ambient weather and visibility conditions, vehicle speed, and road curvature and contour. A task force under the EUREKA organisation, composed primarily of European automakers, lighting companies and regulators began working to develop design and performance specifications for what is known as advanced front-lighting systems, commonly AFS.[35] Manufacturers such Toyota,[36] Skoda,[37] Vauxhall/Opel[38] have released vehicles equipped with AFS since 2003.
Rather than the mechanical linkages employed in earlier directional-headlamp systems, AFS relies on electronic sensors, transducers and actuators. Other AFS techniques include special auxiliary optical systems within a vehicle's headlamp housings. These auxiliary systems may be switched on and off as the vehicle and operating conditions call for light or darkness at the angles covered by the beam the auxiliary optics produce. A typical system measures steering angle and vehicle speed to swivel the headlamps.[39] Development is underway of AFS systems that use GPS signals to anticipate changes in road curvature, rather than simply reacting to them.[40
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headlamp

Old 05-19-2009, 10:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Is it me? Or is it a warm day today? It could be me. I just did a quick detail on the Monte before the guy from my insurance co. show up. Even thou i killed the claim,they want to take pics.I guess incase something else happens, they will say that some of it was already there. sheesh.

Quick Reply: MCF Member's Blog: Tuesday 5/19/09 -> Click & Post