Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Your~> Pet Peeve's ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 05:05 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question Your~> Pet Peeve's ?

Hi Member's,
What are you pet Peeves ? Post & let us know...
Mine is some SpaceAlien that keeps making weird threads to fill up empty space on a forum to create activity for member's.

__________________________________________________ ___
My pet peeve is people that throw thrash out their windows of their cars (vehicles), or leave their thrash at the Beach. Some people just have No RESPECT for Planet `Earth or themselves It's very sad & it peeve's me `Off
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
MCF Member's ~> Post your Pet Peeve's
Pet Peeves Meaning
So, what's a pet peeve anyway? Pet peeves are small irritating things people unknowingly do out of habit or on purpose. Also, certain inanimate objects at times, can give rise to peevish, insane moments. "Arrggh" is how each one of us react to all types of pet peeves, irrespective of whether they are stupid, funny, causing anger, or all at the same time.

What's your irk threshold? Isn't this question especially annoying because of the irky word in it? (The word 'irky' is totally discovered!) Anyway, what I mean is they are the small things that bother you most. Are they just petty things like a screaming kid/whining friend or gross stuff like stinking shoes and kleptomaniacs? Whatever it is, it's for real.

Funny Pet Peeves List

And now without mincing any more words, let's step into the peevy world of reality. There are some pet peeves that drive me crazy, maybe they affect you too. Well, here's the pet peeves list that upsets me most:
  • People who never listen to you. Just because you don't talk very often, they think you have nothing significant to say.
  • People who are so reserved and cold that nothing seems to get them to react to stuff, either good or bad.
  • People at work - those who shake hands everyday, for no apparent reason.
  • People who insist that you call their pet by its, sorry his name and not Dog.
  • People, sorry poets who think of others not as people, but as audience.
  • People singing along with the walkman or iPod turned on loud.
  • People talking on cell phones in the cinema hall about the movie or about his life, about his plans for tomorrow or over the next 30 years. Who cares???
  • People who say they aren't hungry and later finish off your lunch.
  • People who crack their knuckles, neck, back and all possible bones of their body.
  • When people say, "I always wished that you reach this level of maturity soon. Better late than never".
  • People who hang up and never call back again.
  • People complaining that you never answer/return their call.
  • People giving you that "Is he sane?" look while you are using your bluetooth headset.
  • People making simple things complex while speaking, just to prove how complicated and intelligent their idea is.
  • People posing attitude, Every time while talking to you, with the intent to prove what you are saying is wrong. More so, on a DeeP philosophical note.
  • People seeking your attention with out-of-the-box and surprising queries, since they know otherwise you won't listen.
  • People, using, too many, commas, when not, necessary. These could be the ones who pause too much while talking, PAU-sitive thinkers.
  • People smiling and laughing aloud on anything and everything, irrespective of whether it's funny, serious or offending.
  • People sneezing 6 times in a row, and when you think it's over, there comes another.
  • When people say "It's time to move on, man!" It's more of a worthless drivel.
  • People who talk to the computer, the teddy bear or other non-living objects.
  • People who make bodily function noises in public.
  • People who pick their nose, teeth & scratch their body in public.
  • People who constantly change TV channels and say "I've got to get more knowledge in the least amount of time".
  • People who just pretend that they are listening, while you are talking.
  • People saying "be practical" as a solution for every miserable thing you experience.
  • Ppl usin shot foms 4 evrtin
  • People who block your mail ID to avoid chatting with you.
  • People who call you to check if you are ok, when you have blocked their mail ID to avoid chatting with them.
  • People who overuse the word "I mean". I mean, Whatt?
  • People who talk to you or on phone while brushing teeth.
  • People who are nothing but annoying in all they say, they do, they don't do, they move, they sit or even if they sleep. Each act has to be extremely irking so that they live up to your expectations.
  • People who go away from you and say things in a low voice and expect you to 'Hear' and 'Respond'.
  • People who don't find my poor jokes funny
  • Bald people who won't let go of, those last two strands of precious hair
  • People who don't maintain eye contact with you, while talking.
  • People who laugh, while staring at the monitor.
  • People who sing when you are talking to them.
  • People repeatttting a letter to emphasize what they want to sayyyyyyy.
  • People who keep their bike keys in the bike storage rack and then lock it. Just to keep the keys safe!
  • People taking their feet inside the car long after it has started off.
  • People who don't know that setting an alarm on the cell phone does not cost you a penny.
  • When people use double spacing at the end of every sentence, and uniformly throughout the content.
  • When people opine and give free advice after everything you say, because they think 'you can't think for your own self'.
  • When people correct your grammar, and expect we do the same when they go wrong, and ignore us when we do so.
  • When people invest in firms and make huge hoardings for publicity, and don't care to check if the spelling is <S>write</S>, sorry right. e.g. Loose weight, don't loose your confidence.
  • When people think they can do away with things 'cos you are too dumb to distinguish between the right and the wrong.
  • In the course of discussion, when people drift from one topic to another and the next one and more and... what was I talking about? Oh, forget it...
  • When people keep saying "I knew this would happen".
  • When you talk to one of the identical twin sisters for an hour, thinking that she's the other twin. It's pretty distracting, how can God be so perfect!
  • When Internet connection goes and comes back only to say that you are timed out.
  • People touching your PC monitor to show you the exact sentence and word.
  • A chat over the Internet that baffles you and says "OMG, haww du ya lyv widaut noeing slangz?????
  • People who copy your status messages regularly.
  • People who believe that chain mails can make their wish come true.
  • People who don't allow you to copy their status messages, as if they own the copyright.
  • Every time you want to use the washroom, there is somebody in there.
  • When your gift is wrapped from all sides with lots of stick tape, and very less paper.
  • Words like C'mon, What now?, Gimme a break, I don't think so.
  • A bike mirror reflecting the sun's rays into your eyes.
  • Potholes, Manholes and Speed breakers!
  • Pollution and population
  • Slapping scenes in daily soaps, where the sound resonates thrice along with the action clip.
  • Mosquitoes feasting on you like they have never tasted blood before.
  • Birds flying in flocks together without having to follow traffic signals and still not bumping into one another.
  • Mosquitoes, bugs, spiders, rats and lizards, not necessarily in the same order.
  • A group of 3-4 dogs bark at you like they'll take a bite of you. And then you realize that their intention is simply barking!
  • My fave pet peeve is when I say things unintentionally and it hurts people badly.
  • When people expect doctors to write only about acid reflux and insomnia and not about pet peeves.
  • This is my latest pet peeve, and it's more than annoying! Google ranks this article, on second position for the search "Pet Peeves List" but it's nowhere in the search results, if an Internet User searches with the same phrase in lower case, i.e. "pet peeves list." Interesting? Isn't it? Google's "pet peeves" seem to be EXTREMELY sensitive to "CASING"!
  • Spam mails
  • Fake smile
Reacting to Pet Peeves
The best way to react to pet peeves is "Do Not React At All".
Dear, it's Out of Your Control".
Nothing can get it done right?!
So, look at it humorously and enjoy yourself!
Also, now you know what not to do, when you are around me.

On a Serious Note

People have their own reasons to behave in a particular way which may annoy others. Understand the reason; maybe it's their habit, their behavior isn't intentional, and that's the way they think is right. And hello, who said you are perfect. You too have some annoying gestures that keep resurfacing, and others have to deal with it. Read more on:P.S. There's a thin line between getting annoyed and angry, peeves simply have to be irking, nothing more than that. I am sure you have a lot to add to the above pet peeves list. So go ahead and vent out your personal bugbear!

Old 11-22-2011, 05:26 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Slow internet browsers/connections.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:20 AM

When I'm on the phone or a teleconference and people walk in to my office and just stand there looking at me. It's like go the hell away, I'll find you when I'm done lol.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:52 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

People that speed up just to get in front of you on the hwy & than slow way down once there in front of you

Old 11-22-2011, 09:07 AM

People who fling cigarette butts out their car window. Butt heads...

Had a smoking butt hit me in the helmet and almost go down my jacket while riding behind some idiot. I must have looked pretty silly swatting at my jacket like a bee was after me or something.