Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

For you Space - 07 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 07:52 AM
Default RE: For you Space - 07 Silverado

as much as I love GM trucks and as much as i love the past silverados.....i cant stand the new silverados.

the back fenderwells are sooooo ugly to me. all you can see is sheet metal and that is godawful. just my opinion....

it is a pretty truck....the dark colors are ok b/c they dont show the rear fenderwell as much

Old 11-08-2007, 08:04 AM

Hi `Dale,
I think the majority of large trucks are designed that way for wheel travel.
I believe that Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or beer holder [sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_guiness.gif]
I think Member RevItUpFaster, has one of the sharpest
Silverado's I've seen, plus he has a very rare 07 Monte Carlo SS,
with a limited color.
I respect your view, and appreciate your posts to the MCF.
Aren't we really fortunate to have so many types of
vehicles to choose from : )
Peace Out

Old 11-08-2007, 08:44 AM

You are right Dale. My truck has the 20" wheels, and it helps fill in the wheelweels somewhat. I have seen some with the standard 17" wheels and in certain colors, the wheelwells do look overly large. The darker colors seem to hide it better. But as Space says, most manufacturers seem to be going this way, possibly because they are offering such a wide variety of wheel sizes, they need the clearance.

Prior to this truck, I had a 2005 Z71, and honestly, there is no comparison between the two. GM has done their homework on this vehicle. It is a big step up from the pevious generation. I admit, when I first saw pictures of the new cosmeticdesign, I wasn't overly impressed, but like all new designs, it takes a while to get used to.

Since these pictures were taken, I have added a Magnaflow cat back dualexhaust, and one thing that takes getting used to is when the engine does it's V8/V4 mode changes, the exhaust note changes. It sounds a little strange but again, I'm getting used to it.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:04 PM

I love your truck Rev, i guess it is the 20s. I think the 17s look awful.

I did see a brand new black silverado that was lifted and was sitting on 35sit was amazing to say the least

Old 11-08-2007, 01:12 PM

thats what you should do to your silverado Rev

i love lifted trucks.....my buddy has a lifted 1994 Sierra Ext. Cab.....and i love it

Old 11-08-2007, 01:43 PM

Now that baby really accents the wheel well openings. I'm not into the heavy duty jacked up look. I'm more of the "Bling Bling" kinda guy.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:02 PM

Hi Space.

The review has it right on the gauges. I don't notice the "Tilt" the guy is talking about, but because they are set deep in, the lower left (fuel) and lower right (Temp) gauges are hard to see in the daylight. They should have backlitthese even in the daytime.

I don't know what he is talking about regarding theplacement of the gas and brake pedals, they seem fine to me. If anything, I find the steering requires a bit more force than my 05, and I certainly wouldn't want it to be any heavier a feel.

By far the most noticeable improvement I have found is the seat. I just couldn't seem to get the seat in my 05 to a position where I was happy for any length of time. I don't think I have adjusted the new one since I picked it up. It really seems to mould to your back and is far more comfortable all around.

As he says, its neat to watch the engine switch for V8 to V4, but as I stated earlier, it's hard to get used to the exhaust note changing, for seemingly no apparent reason.My last truck had a Magnaflow Cat-Back system, and although it wasn't overly loud in the cab by any means, you didn't notice it because the sound was constant once the truck was in overdrive.

All in all, the 07 is a much better vehicle than the 05.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:21 PM

[align=center]Thanks `Bill for your review comments.[/align][align=center]I take reviewers post with a grain of salt, and just use[/align][align=center]their review as a guildline.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]In your last post, you didn't contain the reviewer Conclusionfrom[/align][align=center]the Auto Channel Network.[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align]Conclusion:
Arguably the best pickup available today, surely the best Chevrolet pickup ever, the new Silverado delivers modern comfort and conveniences (OnStar, parking assist, Satellite radio, air bags, leather seating, DVD entertainment) along with a stronger and more robust frame and improved engines. If you need a pickup to tow, haul, or carry your loads, Silverado deserves a test drive. [sm=gears.gif]

I'd love to take it for a test drive.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:56 AM

[align=center]Super Deals on the Silverado's : )[/align][align=center]What do you think ?[/align][align=center][:-][/align]
Best Deals
Zero percent, low-rate financing or cash back make these car deals
winners
By GARY HOFFMAN, AOL AUTOS
[align=center][/align]

It's a watershed moment in the auto industry, and manufacturers are doing their best to trim back their overcapacity. They would like nothing better than to reduce the rebates and other incentives they are using to promote sales. It's too early to tell the effect on your own deal, but someone in the market for a new car, SUV or truck might be wise to take a hard look at some of the record incentives on those vehicles today. They might not be around at these levels for long. Here are some of the rebates and financing offers out there on 2007 models and, where indicated, on 2008s. GM deals are good through Nov. 19. You will find some of the best incentives ever on rugged pickups, stylish midsize cars and compacts, hot new midsized crossovers, and classic compact SUVs.

See a Deal on a Specific Car Below or View the Gallery:
[align=center][/align][center]
[b]Editor's Pick: Chevrolet Silverado
$2,000 to $2,500 cash back or 1.9 percent financing for 36 months.

If you need a solid work truck and the prices at the gas pump don't scare you, the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab could give you what you need. The incentives start at $2,000 to $2,