Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

New Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Default New Silverado

Well boys and girls, since there are virtually no changes to the 2008 Silverado's, my dealer has found the truck I want in an 07. She's a Dark Metallic Blue, Ext Cab 4X4. I'm putting on the GM "Accessory" Chrome 20" wheels, 6" oval chrome step bars, and the chrome door handles.

I think the Dark Blue Metallic will go good with the Black Amythest Monte.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Default RE: New Silverado

[align=center]Hi `Bill ~RevItUpFaster~[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]You are proof, that `ifone iswilling to give up, thatone can get : )[/align][align=center]Thanks, for adding to my dreams. I envy you, but also, I'mvery `happy that you are able to enjoy two beautiful vehicle's.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks for sharing. I thinka beautiful 07 ChevySilverado, will[/align][align=center]looks great nextto your awesome07 Monte Carlo SS.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]This one's Black, but the link has Blue [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Click link to check out a Blue One : )[:-][/align][align=center]http://byers-chevy.ebizautos.com/detail-2007-chevrolet-silverado_1500-ltz_4dr_4wd_sb-1834705.html[/align]

Old 07-21-2007, 11:44 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

should be a very nice lookin truck

have you ever noticed the new gm's and chev trucks are starting to look a lot like toyota's?? or is that just me

Old 07-21-2007, 12:47 PM

I think the new Toyota is trying to look like a Dodge, more than a GM. I have a customer that just picked up a new Toyota Tundra, (Loaded) and personally, not just because I'm a GM fan, I didn't like it at all. God its a big looking SOB. It took me a while to "warm up" to the new chevy's looks, but it's growing on me. Every time I see one, they seem to look a little better. Just getting used to them I guess.

I think it will take a lot of getting used to, to make that new Toyota look any better to me. I'm sure there are people out there that love the Toy's, but they ain't my cup of tea.

Old 07-21-2007, 01:37 PM

I love the look of the Silverado, but the one below is close to $46,000 US it's a LTZ Crew Cab 4x4 : )....WoW...I think Moderator Bigg `J, wants to get a Silverardo.
If I had the money, I would choose the Chevy : )
[:-]WoW.....That's Truck'in : ) [:-]

Old 07-21-2007, 01:53 PM

Yep, big dollars. Just be glad your not in Canada, if that truck lists at $46,000 US, it will be a $56,000 List up here. We are really getting jobbed in Canada on Auto pricing. My new one isn't an LTZ, and it's over $46000 here. Apparently there a lot of Canuck crossing the border to buy new vehicles because even after all the paperwork crap, on a high end car or truck, you can save $7,000 to $10,000 easily. There was an article in a Canadian newspaper where a guy saved over 20k on a brand new Porche.

Old 07-21-2007, 08:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: Revitupfaster

Well boys and girls, since there are virtually no changes to the 2008 Silverado's, my dealer has found the truck I want in an 07. She's a Dark Metallic Blue, Ext Cab 4X4. I'm putting on the GM "Accessory" Chrome 20" wheels, 6" oval chrome step bars, and the chrome door handles.

I think the Dark Blue Metallic will go good with the Black Amythest Monte.
The LTZ-Z71 or the SS???

Old 07-21-2007, 11:19 PM

I just recently (within the last few months) noticed the Silerado trucks, and I have to say that they are one really nice looking truck! Very simple in design, but not plain. I've seen a couple of Silverado SS trucks in my travels as well, and I really like them - very sharp truck. Congratulations on your new truck.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:57 AM

Im a fan of em, nice lookin Silvy.

Old 08-05-2007, 05:07 AM

[align=center]This post for `Bill, -RevItUpFaster-[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
Fleet Update: 2007 Chevrolet Silverado
[align=center][/align][align=center]
[/align]
Photography by Brian Vance
[align=center][/align][align=center]
"I'm still a huge fan of the big grab handles on the doors and dual gloveboxes, but the upper glovebox has a weird push-in and pull-out open lever that feels like it's going to break every time I open it," observes Truck Trend editor Mark Williams.[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
"Also appreciate having so many engine and vehicle readings at my fingertips-every vehicle on the planet should offer transmission-temp access, tire-pressure sensors, engine-hour meters, and even paddle shifters behind the steering wheel. The 6.0-liter does drink the fuel, evidence that it desperately needs the six-speed. But all the right power is there-makes me want to tow something. I almost feel guilty driving around with an empty bed; kind of like driving the Jaguar XK in bumper-to-bumper traffic."[/align][align=center]
Other Voices:[/align][align=center]
There's something great about driving a truly capable truck. Not only is the Silverado comfortable and easy to drive, but there is a real sense of confidence when you're behind the wheel. Whenever I saw an opening ahead in the lane next to me, it only took the slightest bit of throttle input and I was there. One particular day on my way into the office, I saw a stack of wallboard blocking one lane of the freeway and a stalled car stuck in an intersection on La Cienega. In both instances, I thought, "This Silverado could easily take care of that!" It's like driving around as Bruce Wayne --- people see trucks and often don't appreciate what they can do: the towing, hauling, and hard work. They blend into the background. Yet the driver knows what his truck is capable of, and when someone's in trouble (or is moving to a new house, or wants to tow a boat to the river), out come the cape and utility belt. This Silverado is equipped to handle almost anything, and does it while providing a quiet cabin and luxury amenities. - Allyson Harwood[/align][align=center]
2007 Chevrolet Silverado

Months/miles
4/7087

Avg econ/CO2
13.4 mpg/1.4 lb/mi [X(]

Unresolved problems
None

Maintenance cost
$0

Normal-wear cost
$0
[/align][align=center][:-]Click below link for source [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...olet_silverado[/align]

Quick Reply: New Silverado