Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Are you in the path of the Storm ? *multiple choices
Yes, I'm in the path
45.00%
No, I'm not
35.00%
I am prepared
25.00%
I'm not prepared
10.00%
I have family/friends in the path
35.00%
I'm praying
20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Are you in the Path of the Storm ? (Post your update `OK)

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 10:03 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi `Mike, it's really great to see your post & know that you are OK & didn't have any major problems with the storm + you still have power (I can't hit the right keys this morning & have been making many mistakes) Need a Recharge lol
I sure hope the rest of our member's in the path of the storm are as fortunate as you...How did your father do in his mountain area ? Look forward to your updates & thanks for posting some pictures... Good luck out there & be safe & watch for downed power lines...
=======================
Here's the latest from the web

October 30, 2012 as of 10:58 AM

Spaccoast, Florida

68°/ 49° < I'm freez'in this morning lol, but I'm thankful 2 `be 4-Sure

<INPUT class=trak value='{"taop":"Infopane"}' type=hidden>

Last edited by Space; 10-30-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I haven't talked to my parents yet, I was going to call them after work today.

My assumption is that they are fine also

Old 10-30-2012, 10:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

Everything is still good, monte is covered in leaves. There are a few brief moments of blue sky!!
Monte is covered in leaves. The wind tore apart my car cover, it was expected though. The front & rear loops tore apart two nights ago.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare
Everything is still good, monte is covered in leaves. There are a few brief moments of blue sky!!
Monte is covered in leaves. The wind tore apart my car cover, it was expected though. The front & rear loops tore apart two nights ago.

Hi `Jen, thanks for checking in & it's great to read that everything is still good...Wish you SunShine & a HAppy `Day

Old 10-30-2012, 11:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Those pics Mike posted is about what it looked like here last night. Any leaves still on the trees are all just about on the ground now. I literally had to drive through drifts of leaves on a few streets.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:12 AM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Those pics Mike posted is about what it looked like here last night. Any leaves still on the trees are all just about on the ground now. I literally had to drive through drifts of leaves on a few streets.
The best way to describe the roads. It looks like it does after a snow-storm, but with leaves.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Location: Garfield, New Jersey. But my Home will always be The Bronx

Sandy took a toll. On my town, Garfield NJ. Not as bad as some but it's bad. seven hundred thousand without power. Me included. But my I survived. YelloJAC too! Gonna go to Family. Prayer to the families of those who did not fare as well. And joy to those who did and all the Monte's that will still be traveling down the road. Everyone stay safe. The worst is over! ;-)

Old 10-30-2012, 06:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Aside from wind we didn't get much rain. My store did not give up and ofcourse remained open. We just closed early monday night and were open right on time tuesday morning and people continue to flock to the place to buy stuff. Looks like NYC really got flooded out with the storm surge that came in. Been seeing pictures online and none of them are good, some just down right loook like they're from a movie.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:25 PM

Well fortunately it's basically over around here. We're fortunate that due to all the outages we've had over the years the power company basically renovated our entire neighborhood - our power lines are underground. My family further up (Berea, Bay Village, etc) aren't so lucky. They've been out since last night and might not be back on until Saturday.

We lost a lot of trees - quite a few in the roads. The city was out trying to chop them all up and clear the streets. They said we had over 20 foot waves on the lake - and they had to close down the outer-belt because the waves were going up and flooding the whole highway. Also heard on the news this morning that we had wind speeds last night that trumped those that were felt in Philly, Boston and NJ. It's still raining like hell and the roads are swimming pools, but luckily we missed the snow - the people about a half hour south got it instead.

Tree came down on one of the condos by my dad's house - about 5 minutes away from me.

Lighthouse off Lake Erie.

It even damaged the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

Last edited by Mike 00LS; 10-30-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:42 PM

15 Year Member

Found this picture from NJ

Quick Reply: Are you in the Path of the Storm ? (Post your update `OK)