Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

You Gotta Fight for Your Right...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 10:32 AM

Meanwhile Jordan is sitting back on some island laughing at these fools.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
all i have to say is welcome to the holidays, its become so commercialized and rediculous it doesn't feel like holidays. I've been working almost everyday and it does not feel like christmas is 2 days away at all. With all the chaos and frustration. All my store is worried about is making a million dollars this week.
I agree,it dosent feel like christmas this year!

Old 12-23-2011, 12:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow I've had the same shoes for about 8 years. Guess i gotta go get in A fight for a new pair.

Old 12-23-2011, 02:08 PM

It is shameful that this attitude of "It is all about me at any cost" is so prevalent in our society. There is nothing good about this and it contributes to the increased violence and all the people locked up in penal institutions.

Old 12-23-2011, 02:20 PM

Fighting over Jordans? That is crazy. They're just shoes for Pete's sake. I would never do that. Anyone who cuts at Starbucks is getting hit in the mouth, tho.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:05 PM
rj
15 Year Member

I heard about the shoes but I've never been a "Shoe" person.

I'm not critizing anyone but shoes are "You Get What You Pay For." Your feet carry your entire body around. Be kind to them. Buy a shoe that supports them and is comfortable.

My girlfriend wore the $10 K-mart shoes for years. And for years she's been having feet problems. Infact both feet have been operated on.

I remember one year my dad buying me $8 shoes from Sears. I hated them as they made my feet hurt.

I like New Balance shoes. I've been wearing them for years.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:05 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Hi `Mike,
I only fight for my right to party
Beastie Boys - Fight For Your Right - YouTube

Click above 2 fight
Some people just got 2 have their shoes...Don't cut in line
ahead of me or you won't be invited 2 my parties
That's all I could think of opening this thread.

Old 12-24-2011, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by 04chevyboy
I agree,it dosent feel like christmas this year!

I agree TIMES TWO!!! I've never had a more depressing Christmas. Seeing the hordes of people fighting to buy shoes at the mall was the last straw. I hopped in my Monte, got on the highway heading south, and now I'm in Florida with Space trying to be a redneck beach bum in the sunshine state for the rest of my life. Gotta go - there are shells to be found, sidewinding crabs to watch, sand castles to be built, waves to ride,....**

**all this took place in my mind only, but it sure was fun to write about it! Merry Christmas everybody!!

Old 12-25-2011, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Possum
I agree TIMES TWO!!! I've never had a more depressing Christmas. Seeing the hordes of people fighting to buy shoes at the mall was the last straw. I hopped in my Monte, got on the highway heading south, and now I'm in Florida with Space trying to be a redneck beach bum in the sunshine state for the rest of my life. Gotta go - there are shells to be found, sidewinding crabs to watch, sand castles to be built, waves to ride,....**

**all this took place in my mind only, but it sure was fun to write about it! Merry Christmas everybody!!
Angie when you get done walking the beach with Space come on down I-4 and I'll introduce you to Mickey Mouse. He is a friend of mine.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by rj
I heard about the shoes but I've never been a "Shoe" person.

I'm not critizing anyone but shoes are "You Get What You Pay For." Your feet carry your entire body around. Be kind to them. Buy a shoe that supports them and is comfortable.

My girlfriend wore the $10 K-mart shoes for years. And for years she's been having feet problems. Infact both feet have been operated on.

I remember one year my dad buying me $8 shoes from Sears. I hated them as they made my feet hurt.

I like New Balance shoes. I've been wearing them for years.
In most cases you get what you pay for. In the case of the Jordans they are grossly over priced. The shoe is medium quality at best. Much of the price is profit and royalty money. This shoe has made Jordan and Nike a lot of money for a lot of years.