Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Would you Support Medical Marijuana in your State/Country ?
Yes, I'm for `it 4>Sure
76.19%
No Way, I think there will be major problems
19.05%
I don't know ?
4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

>Would you Support Medical Marijuana in your State ?<

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 06:16 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yes, in fact it is legal (both medical and recreational). Marijuana is being used to treat several medical conditions. It may even become the 'go-to' drug for people with diabetes. Recent studies have shown that marijuana aids in keeping blood sugars under control, better glucose levels, improved carbohydrate metabolism, the slowing of and prevention of retinopathy and a reduction in the foot pain many diabetics suffer from.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:45 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool 2 Fire `Up or Not 2 > That is the (?)

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Yes, in fact it is legal (both medical and recreational). Marijuana is being used to treat several medical conditions. It may even become the 'go-to' drug for people with diabetes. Recent studies have shown that marijuana aids in keeping blood sugars under control, better glucose levels, improved carbohydrate metabolism, the slowing of and prevention of retinopathy and a reduction in the foot pain many diabetics suffer from.

Thank You `Mike for your post & additional information on
this thread subject. I am surprised that more member's
did not vote or post their thoughts.
Below is additional infor from the `web

Pros & Cons of Legalizing Marijuana

Pros for Legalizing Marijuana:
  • Prohibition must be weighed against the loss of personal freedom. Countries have a responsibility to respect individual free will and the right of self-determination.
  • The immorality of marijuana use can only be based on one set of moral beliefs. By taking a “moral” stand against recreational drugs, or fighting the evils caused by the illegal drug trade they increase their popularity amongst constituents.
  • The War on Drugs serves the immediate interests of politicians. By taking a “moral” stand against recreational drugs, or fighting the evils caused by the illegal drug trade they increase their popularity amongst constituents.
  • Legal prohibition does not stop consumers from consuming drugs, it does not stop trafficers from producing and selling it. The price of the final product increases to abnormally high values because of the black market status, which together with the powerful effects of drug addiction causes users to commit crimes in order to fund their addiction.
  • Critics of the War on Drugs advocate the partial or complete decriminalization of illegal drugs, combined with a system of regulation, as happens with alcohol and prescription drugs. By providing legal supplies of currently illegal drugs the price will fall, leading to a collapse in the illegal drug industry, and a reduction in crimes committed by both drug suppliers and users. They also argue that the reduction in the price will lead to little, if any, growth in drug addiction, due to the inelasticity of demand. Some even state that in a strictly regulated market, drug use may fall overall, by removing the marketing activities of the illegal drug industry.
  • It is not worthwhile for a law to forbid people from willingly exposing their own bodies to harm by using drugs, any more than by overeating or bungee-jumping. Obesity is a national epidemic, killing millions every year, but the government has no right to regulate how much citizens eat.
  • Drug users exercise free will when they chose to use drugs; a person has the right to give up his or her own freedom. A Government does not have the right to dictate them. No drug eliminates free will. It is possible to quit using any drug. Many banned drugs are significantly less deleterious to free will than legal alcohol or tobacco. Severe physiological addiction has been demonstrated for tobacco (stronger than cocaine), but no strong physiological addiction has been shown for marijuana.
  • Illegal Drug dealers will sell to anyone, including children. Merchants who legally sell alcohol and tobacco are not allowed to sell to children. Many high school students report that it is easier to obtain illegal drugs than alcohol and tobacco.

Cons for Legalizing Marijuana:
  • A State cannot be involved with the distribution of substances considered immoral by relevant lots of the population. A substance considered unhealthy cannot be produced and distributed with the help of the state, because the goal of the state is to protect citizens’ health and not to expose them to risk.
  • The easy availability of drugs would create new consumers rather than rescuing current ones.
  • Drugs are addictive. They rob the user of free will. A drug user cannot make an informed and rational decision to continue using drugs because the use of the drug eliminates that user’s ability to think logically. Nor can they disseminate themselves from drug taking.
  • Drug use is dangerous to persons besides the user. In the rise of health care costs, violence associated with the use of drugs, neglect of children by drug-addicted parents, and other third party effects.
  • The use of soft drugs, such as marijuana, leads to the use of hard drugs (the Gateway Theory).
  • Legalizing drugs will send a message to children that drug use is acceptable.
More Pros and Cons of Marijuana Legalization.

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-08-2014 at 06:47 AM.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:01 AM
Cool 2 approve or not 2 approve>that is the (?)

I Just checked the street price of Marihuana
and it's expensive to me
The Bum's & I never bought any & it was always
given to us by other surfer's when we were in our
teen experimental years.
The link said it's around $300 for just 1 Oz
That seems `high 2 me 2 get `high >
* I know `if I have kids or when I do I don't think I
would want my kids doing it 4>Sure.
Our World/Country is changing 4>Real.
I personally rather just get `high on `Life
(but maybe indulge on special occasions) >

The Price of Weed, Marijuana, Cannabis - PriceOfWeed.com

*Note (?) Maybe if the government puts a high tax on it
that it will get our country out of debt (?) Maybe ?
Or, all our representatives will be 2 stoned to
do anything, but sit around & eat their munchies
OK, it's your turn to post/share your thoughts ?
Oh, got a light/papers/stuff ? > LOL

Old 05-08-2014, 07:55 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Colorado is estimating an annual income of approx. $180 million in tax revenue from marijuana sales in the first 18 months. In January alone they pulled in $3.5 million.

Street price of pot is insane. An ounce around here will cost you $250 on average. I can walk into a medical dispensary and get an ounce for $180 and the quality is a LOT better. If the States aren't careful though they'll tax themselves right out of the market and people will continue to go to the street for their smoke.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:07 AM
Cool >Thank West Coast `Mike<

Thanks again `Mike for adding additional infor on this subject. To me it's still expensive, but I think it's better to have our government make the tax $'s, vs. the crime families/gangs etc.

That's a great income for the state of Colorado 4-$ure!
It's everywhere in Florida now, and many of the surfer's @ the beach are surfing `high...I just get a natural high when I surf or skateboard...

Presently in Florida you can still get busted for just possessing a `pipe (it's against the present laws) & our county jails are full of inmates for possession of minor amounts of `pot (I think that's wrong) Maybe a fine or better yet > community service & have them clean `up the beaches from all the thrash that people leave there (That really upsets me & the BeachBum Family 4-Sure)..
Peace/Out

Old 05-08-2014, 08:17 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Im for it, medically and recreationally. But just like alchohal it has to be up to the individual to use it responsibly. I have friends who think its nothing to smoke and drive and they get a verbal *** chewing from me any time they do it. A substance that has proven to have medical benefits and causes less long term damage to the body than alchohal should not be classified with the more dangerous drugs. It all boils down to an individual being responsible to use it properly. Do I think that this generation will raise this kind of individuals? Most likely not. Does that mean the government has the right to make it illegal and ban the many people who it can be useful to from getting it? Hell no.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:14 AM
Unhappy >Party $mart `if U Party 4>$ure<

Thanks `David 4 your words/post/vote >
===========================================

RICHARD DAKOTA VIEAU
W/M DOB: 02/11/95
ARREST DATE: 05/07/14
ARRESTING AGENCY: BCSO
Marijuana possession. Not more than 2
NARCOTIC EQUIP-POSSESS AND OR USE

Hi Beach Bum`Mike & Member's,
I'm one of many sitting in the County Jail for `Pot.
I would be happy to get out & go & clean the beaches as
community service for my offense.
I guess it's time 4 me to move to a legal smok'in state
It's not fun here in `jail..Tell `Space I said `Hi (high)
I hope someone bails me out, but all my friends are broke.
Can U start a fund 4 me ?
It's no fun here 4-Sure.
===================
Above is just one example that costing the taxpayer's
Big $'s.

Peace/Out

Old 05-08-2014, 08:23 PM

Yes I do! I think crime would go down after everybody got over it. People would just stay home and watch T.V and rad the fridge. So there for I think the only down fall to it would be that america would be obese for real.

Old 05-16-2014, 11:43 AM
Cool Sad infor 4>Sure

Originally Posted by Shelbo Mustang
Yes I do! I think crime would go down after everybody got over it. People would just stay home and watch T.V and rad the fridge. So there for I think the only down fall to it would be that america would be obese for real.

LoL Shelbo,
I'm also pro 'bout it being legal, but the below dude didn't stay home & raid the `Fridge

There's always someone out there that just doesn't have common sense (?) The below is sad, but it could've happened with all the prescription meds & booze that's out there & legal...

Just bump'in this thread with the pro's/con's & the bad : (
Friday, May 16, 2014

Police: Man Killed By Marijuana Impaired Driver

Aymen Asker (Brevard County Sheriff's Office Photo)

WEST MELBOURNE, Florida -- West Melbourne police say that a Palm Bay driver was under the influence of THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, when the car he was driving struck a West Melbourne couple that resulted in the death of the husband.

On Wednesday February 5, 2014, seventy-three-year-old Jan Misitis was walking home with his seventy-seven-year-old wife. As the West Melbourne residents crossed Doherty Drive near the entrance to the Buena Vida Estates at approximately 7:35 p.m., they were struck by a 1992 Toyota Corolla being driven by thirty-nine-year-old Aymen Asker of Palm Bay, Florida.

Mr. Misitis was transported to a local hospital where he passed away. His wife was also transported to a local hospital for the injuries she received and survived.

Police say that the Traffic Homicide Investigator (who is also a Drug Recognition Expert) detected clues of marijuana impairment in Mr. Asker at the scene of the crash. The Investigator required Mr. Asker to provide a blood sample under Florida law. Those blood samples were analyzed by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and tested positive for THC. Police say that the levels of THC present in Mr. Asker’s blood samples are indicative of impairment and corroborated the clues observed by the investigator.

Mr. Asker was arrested on May 15, 2014 and charged with Vehicular Homicide, DUI Manslaughter, and DUI with Serious Bodily Injury. He is incarcerated at the Brevard County Jail on no bond, and is expected to make a First Appearance later today.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Our company gets a copy of the arrest reports from the county everyday & I noticed the one above...

Your comments ? Post ? or are you 2 busy raiding the `fridge
Peace/Out

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-16-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:14 PM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Full legalization! Alot less harmful than cigs or alcohol.

Quick Reply: >Would you Support Medical Marijuana in your State ?<