Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Would you Support Medical Marijuana in your State/Country ?
Yes, I'm for `it 4>Sure
76.19%
No Way, I think there will be major problems
19.05%
I don't know ?
4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

>Would you Support Medical Marijuana in your State ?<

Old 05-06-2014, 08:23 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default >Would you Support Medical Marijuana in your State ?<

Hi Member's, or `High Member's,

A popular topic in our Nation & it looks like Florida is going to approve Medical Marijuana this year Our Monte Carlo Family is a very diverse group from all over the USA, Canada & our World. The results should be a decent indicator of the thoughts/opinions from all ages & genders...I look 4ward to seeing the results on the above MCF Poll...Please VOTE & post your thoughts/opinions on this very controversial subject > Thank You!

P.S. > >No Smok'in >on the MCF > Lol

Would you `Vote for it in your State or in Canada ?

In Florida, we already have a large group of med induced `Senior Citizens...But illegal pot here is everywhere & E>Z 2 get...I use to smoke in my teens, but all the bum's Stopped... Now, we get tested @ work & can lose our `job `if we are found dirty

Please Vote in above poll & see what are Monte Carlo Family is thinking about this subject ? Thanks
================================================== ======
Below from Brevard Florida Times
Monday, May 5, 2014

Poll: 88% of Florida Voters Support Medical Marijuana

TALLAHASSEE, Florida -- 88% of Florida voters support allowing adults to legally use marijuana for medical purposes if a doctor prescribes it, according to a recent Quinnipiac University Poll.

Support for medical marijuana is over 80 percent among all listed groups, including 84% among voters over 65-years-old.

Recreation Marijuana

43% of voters say marijuana is equally as dangerous as alcohol, while 39% say it is less dangerous, and 12% say it is more dangerous. That might explain why voters support allowing adults to legally possess small amounts of marijuana for personal use 53% to 42%. There are, however, gender, age and partisan gaps

Men support so-called recreational marijuana 58% to 38% while women are nearly equally divided at 48% to 46%.

Voters 18 to 29-years-old support recreational marijuana by a wide margin (72% to 24%) while voters over 65-years-old are opposed 61% to 33%.

Party

Democrats support recreational marijuana 59% to 34%. Republicans are opposed to recreational marijuana 64% to 33% percent.

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-06-2014 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:12 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

YES!!!

The war on drugs has been such a disaster for our country. It's been great for law enforcement (no longer Public safety) as they can confiscate your personal effects and sell them off, take your cash and even hopefully they can put you in jail so their buddies have a job by guarding you. Not to mention typically many families have been left with no male bread winner or leadership figure and their kids can hopefully follow in their footsteps and get in trouble too. It's great job security if your on the winning team.

What a crock, I got busted back in 1986 with 1.5 grams of pot. Which was a felony back then in Arizona. I had never been in trouble before or since, but this highway patrol was not letting me off for a knot in the corner of a baggie. While in the substation holding cell I could see him sitting at his desk and hear him talking to his buddie. "My wife wanted me to go to the gym and work out with her, but I wanted to watch the Super bowl, so I got him" meaning I'm the fall guy so he can chill out and have a reason not to go to the gym. I was so pissed... 09 years in Uncle Sam's jam and this clown tries to throw me a felony so he can screw off for the day. Cost me $5000 to get out of it. He pulled me over and says "Where's your license plate? I say "On my bumper." He was like "Oh I did not see it and also for that cracked windshield. Which he did not see till he walked up to me. Then it was on from there, they can dream up any reason to search your vehicle.

This whole supposedly boogie man war on drugs is so way over the top, there will always be the unseen unknown boogie man just in the shadows and we will never ever be safe unless big brother is our appointed all seeing all knowing protector from ourselves.

Spark it up if you choose too!! I did for years, stopped back in about 92, it's either your thing or it's not. No sense in jailing one for momentarily escaping from the mind control system.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Cool "2 smoke or not 2 smoke > That is the ?< ?

Thanks `Greg (Mr Zippy) for being the first
to post & share.
Your story is very Sad & our jails here in Florida are
packed with inmates that were busted for `pot.
Your lesson with bad law enforcement was very expensive & it's great that you had the $'s to fight it, but
it should not have been

I am against driving stoned or drunk, or on med's, but
there are many out there that are stoned on something or
are driving like they are stoned.
I know that I couldn't drive when I was stoned 4>sure.
Space couldn't even walk on a contact `buzz > ,
but he gets drunk on one beer (LOL).

I hope `if it passes that people learn to party smart &
stay @ home or the place that they indulge/partake

I know a few employee's here with my company that were found
dirty & they were going to remove them, but 'Space fought 4 them & they kept their job's, but have surprise testing. They have passed `clean since they were busted.

Thanks member's for voting & I hope 2 see more posts on
your thoughts on this controversial topic.
OK, Lunch Break
I got the Munchies, just think'in `bout `it >

Peace/Out

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-06-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:26 AM
Smile

Thanks everyone that voted, the others must have been to stoned to vote or post > > or they did not like this topic (?)
That's `OK, we can't win them `all, but I will never give `up try'in 2 create activity on the MCF...

Old 05-07-2014, 03:57 AM

While I would still choose not to use it if it were legal, I think it should be on the same level as tobacco and alcohol (and taxed as such). As Zippy said, the war on drugs has been a disaster, and has created an entire industry (corporate owned prisons) that eat up taxpayer dollars relentlessly.

It's cost us as a nation financially, and also in lives and freedom. Let the people make their own choices and deal with whatever consequences may arise. This has been about as effective as prohibition was, just with the drug cartels instead of the mob.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

Medical? Sure. I support medicarecreational marijuana use too. But I'm probably the only one...

Old 05-07-2014, 05:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

We hear often, How Jimmy, the star football player at the local Hi School, went to the prom, got drunk on spiked punch, got in his car and killed a Family of six and himself. Or he drank so much he died from alcohol poisoning.
We next hear that he went to his prom smoked a duby, made out with his girl, went home,slept and the next day went on with his life!

Alcohol kills! Cigarettes kill, but they are legal. Marijuana makes you Happy, passive, hungry and horny and Sleepy too! Guess That's why there is so much of a fuss over it. Passive, Happy Hungary Horny and Sleepy is not good for Americans. We have to be stressed, angry, depressed and just downright MAD! MEDICAL OR RECREATIONAL, let the people choose! IMO!

Old 05-07-2014, 05:41 AM
Cool >U R the only 1< WoW > U Must be special<lol

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Medical? Sure. I support medicarecreational marijuana use too. But I'm probably the only one...

Yes, Mr `Brent, you may be the only one , but you are
a Special one > 4>$ure
Belows a song 2 sing 2 your Special Monte Carlo > EnJoy

Old 05-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member

Legalize and tax it!

Old 05-08-2014, 05:50 AM

For medial reason I do support, but most poeple don't use it for that. That's why I don't support it. THERE ARE ENOUGH DUMB/STUPID PEOPLE IN THE WORLD. The next generation of youth will be high as a kite while playing there video games and one day wake up and say, wtf did I do with my life. Oh yeah, smoke pot all day.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: >Would you Support Medical Marijuana in your State ?<