Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

The Winter Beater is Wrecked

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 11:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Update: I did not have to argue with insurance at all about the value of the Grand Am. They made me a pay out offer I could NOT refuse. I also have the car back in my driveway. I've spent a little time tonight de-modding it. I hope to have it all set for them to take on Thursday.

Until I find new wheels, my step mom is loaning me her car (which tonight needed a new battery and it's been parked for a while due to needing a new ignition switch). Due to my dad's knee surgery, this car is available at the moment, so NO complaint from me!! My rental gets turned in Monday.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:51 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
off topic sidebar:
What is more than one Focus? Is it Focuses? Foci?
It's neither. Focus is the trademarked name and you never change that. It would be multiple Ford Focus Vehicles. (I work in marketing )

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Update: I did not have to argue with insurance at all about the value of the Grand Am. They made me a pay out offer I could NOT refuse. I also have the car back in my driveway. I've spent a little time tonight de-modding it. I hope to have it all set for them to take on Thursday.

Until I find new wheels, my step mom is loaning me her car (which tonight needed a new battery and it's been parked for a while due to needing a new ignition switch). Due to my dad's knee surgery, this car is available at the moment, so NO complaint from me!! My rental gets turned in Monday.
Glad to hear that they gave you a good deal on the car

Here's hoping you can upgrade!

Old 02-11-2014, 10:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am hoping to replace the totaled Grand Am and still keep a little $$ left in my pocket. Honestly, I really kinda just want another Grand Am GT.