Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Why you like your Monte.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Default RE: Why you like you Monte.

I'm a 6'5" 18 year old, and for this car I have a lot of leg room. The front two seats have a lot of room and being able to control each side of the air is awesome. The car is made for luxary.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:28 PM

Ok, I had a 03, got it because of the styling. 2 doors always look better, and for a 2 door it wasn't exceedingly difficult to get in/out of the back. Trunk is HUGE. I could fit my two 10" subs, AND my brother's wheelchair in it with no problem.

Decent performance for being a big car, I felt safe, and felt that my passengers would be safe. It rides like a big car, without being a real boat like some older cars, and can still take the twisties without being out of place.

Why did I get the 2006? That was pure love at first sight. It was silver, another favorite car color of mine, had 60 more horse, and I'm only paying another 5$ a month for the payment. Plus, to be honest, even though the front end isn't my favorite change for the 2006's, it is a bit more common, which makes it more likely to get thevisual mods that fit both models.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:09 PM

I love my 5th gen....let`s see...the looks are awsum...i love the ride....did i say i jumped a mitsubishi and hung with him on a winding country road? Very quiet at all speeds...great sounding stereo....good power for a 3.1....it turns the heads...i feel like i wear her when driving her around....and last but not least, Mr. Earnhardt won the Daytona 500 in one!

Old 01-29-2008, 03:55 PM

fast loud and clean

Old 01-29-2008, 04:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

....BECAUSE MONTE OWNERS ARE THE GREATEST BUNCH OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD...

.....EXCEPT FOR FINK....

Old 01-29-2008, 04:08 PM

Its the sexiest car on the road

A coupe thats big enough to still be considered a man's car

I love the tight steering

A V6 that can hang with the 8's

Its just a classic car

Old 01-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

....BECAUSE MONTE OWNERS ARE THE GREATEST BUNCH OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD...
.....EXCEPT FOR FINK....
Well that's true... Because I love the people here... BUT... I hate my car!!! I like the style... I HATE the LS4, The Abuse Chip, The Pisspoor Drivetrain DESIGN, The DoD, the TCM, and its fragileness! I think I would have loved the 3.9, but the LS4 V8 SUCKS!!! More wrong with the concept than there is right! Oh... and the TOTAL LACK OF SUPPORT GM offers the LS4 is awe inspiring... NOT!!!

Old 01-29-2008, 05:59 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

they've tried to put systems like DoD on cars before, like in the 80's-90's i think (not sure on this), and it didn't work out so well. Criag, why dont you get the tuner to turn off the DOD, you could probably turn off the abuse chip as well.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

All I can say is... It is best not to advertise what your car has and has not while it is under warranty my car is completely stock other than the cat-back... ok...[&:]

Old 01-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

they've tried to put systems like DoD on cars before, like in the 80's-90's i think (not sure on this), and it didn't work out so well. Criag, why dont you get the tuner to turn off the DOD, you could probably turn off the abuse chip as well.
I was just going to mention that experiment.

I remember seeing some of the Caddy's in the 1980's having what was called the 4-6-8 engine.
If I remember correctly, it had a driver selectable engine displacement switch. The driver could select either 4, 6, or 8 cylinders.

Didn't work so well, and people didn't like it. I don't think I would like the idea of having 4 cylinders pulling around a huge, heavy,80's Caddy.

Craig, I see your point. Auto manufacturers love to have an excuse to void people's warranties. I wouldn't be "advertising" your mods either.

Quick Reply: Why you like your Monte.