Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Why So Many Haters...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Why So Many Haters...

How to waste 10 months of time

I came across this article and was a little shocked at how immature people can be. Honestly, whats with these people? Why do they care so much about a car thats not even theirs? All i see is incompetent people playing automotive judge. I look at it as.. unless youve driven or owned this car your opinion is invalid. a BUNCH of Negative Nancy's..

You have to respect this guy for doing something out of the box.. !

Whats your opinion?

(makes me want to do a rwd conversion and a ls1 swap )

Old 08-23-2012, 10:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

I think it looks pretty sweet

Not something I'd ever do but damn, gotta appreciate that much work.

Some of those comments are ridiculous though, BUT, it's the internet. Everyone can troll at something they know they could never accomplish. Doubt most of them would even say anything to the owner if they ever met face to face

Old 08-23-2012, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
I think it looks pretty sweet

Not something I'd ever do but damn, gotta appreciate that much work.

Some of those comments are ridiculous though, BUT, it's the internet. Everyone can troll at something they know they could never accomplish. Doubt most of them would even say anything to the owner if they ever met face to face
i like it! but i couldnt ever even attempt that! looks impossible haha.

and very true, trolls just roam the internet now

agreed.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The whole article is to create a buzz. It all creates activity on the site it's on. 90% of the people who make comments are just trolling like 01 monte said. That is why so many of them hide behind made up screen names. I do like the monte camino but every time i see it i wonder why the builder didnt cover up the strut caps or color match them. I think iy would look cool with the wheel well smoothed off.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:36 AM
Old 08-24-2012, 06:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

My detail guy once told me
"Usually the people making the harsh judgements on cars, are the people who are driving 100$ cars".
Pretty true

Old 08-24-2012, 08:03 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

He said the 3400 was 200 HP

People are harsh, and people are more critical when they think people will agree with them. I learned to ignore it

Old 08-24-2012, 12:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

I have an opinion!!! LOL!!!

I actually think that Monte/El Camino is pretty cool! It's a retro return of a OLD classic. Also, who ever did this did nothing too the car other then ditch the rear seats and change the trunk/rear seat space to a truck bed. It's complete custom job, doubt anyone else has one.

Now, I'll admit, I personally think the owner should have used an SS model as the base.
Icing on the cake (far from a requirement) would be a RWD conversion.

But it's a cool car. I wonder how the interior was done on the back. Is the curved rear glass a true El Camino glass? What other things aren't we seeing.....

Old 08-24-2012, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
The whole article is to create a buzz. It all creates activity on the site it's on. 90% of the people who make comments are just trolling like 01 monte said. That is why so many of them hide behind made up screen names. I do like the monte camino but every time i see it i wonder why the builder didnt cover up the strut caps or color match them. I think iy would look cool with the wheel well smoothed off.
very true! i wonder why he isnt apart of this forum as well. itd be neat to hear from him along see more pics of the monte mino! who knows what hes done to it since then!

Originally Posted by Space
Hi Mr. Monte, I like it I'd own it/drive it 4-Sure
"Opinions are like rear `ends everybody has one, but some just stink more then others" ~> 4-Sure
"Haters are gona Hate ~ Lovers are gona `Love"... I prefer to `love

Lot 69* 2004 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO - Barrett-Jackson Auction Company

thanks for the links space! and yes id drive one as long as it was a SS with the HS kit !!

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
My detail guy once told me
"Usually the people making the harsh judgements on cars, are the people who are driving 100$ cars".
Pretty true
sounds pretty 100% accurate to me!

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
He said the 3400 was 200 HP

People are harsh, and people are more critical when they think people will agree with them. I learned to ignore it
Yeah that just proves how much he knows about the car lmao.. and yeah thats true!

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
I have an opinion!!! LOL!!!

I actually think that Monte/El Camino is pretty cool! It's a retro return of a OLD classic. Also, who ever did this did nothing too the car other then ditch the rear seats and change the trunk/rear seat space to a truck bed. It's complete custom job, doubt anyone else has one.

Now, I'll admit, I personally think the owner should have used an SS model as the base.
Icing on the cake (far from a requirement) would be a RWD conversion.

But it's a cool car. I wonder how the interior was done on the back. Is the curved rear glass a true El Camino glass? What other things aren't we seeing.....
Id love to see like a Superior Blue or Black El Camino SS Supercharged with a Silver High Sport kit and 17in Diamond cut chrome rims. THAT would be NEAT

Old 08-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

The writer clearly isn't all that intelligent... the 3.4 runs 180 hp... just shows that the writer isn't very knowledgeable and just wants to rant on something... he probably drives a prius.

Quick Reply: Why So Many Haters...