Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

why?!!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 07:21 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: why?!!?!?!?

honestly... if i had a car in that shape to begin with, i would probably do the same thing. if my car had been wrecked and was pretty welll done anyways... why not? you'd get about the same amount out of it from the junk yard either way.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:44 PM

we used to do stuff like that ot V.W. bugs. we woluld run them up steep steep hills and see how far we could get befroe it rolled back down LOL

But this is somthign i would do to a rustange before a monte carlo. Just what your likes are

Old 03-30-2008, 09:04 PM

I dunno, aside from the body damage the car did take those jumps pretty well i thought it woulda just snapped somethin after the first one but it took the repeatedly... didnt watch the whole video but the car seemed to hold up ok. I cant say i agree with makin me watch them beatin on it but i woulda done the same thing i think cuz a junk yard gives you like 25 bucks either way... why let them make money off of you. dont let them anything good to use, thats just how i see it.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:34 AM

I bet if it was a 6th generation peopel would say it was a nice car.

(waits for 6th generation person to post)

Old 03-31-2008, 08:55 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

ORIGINAL: RickCoMatic

Would have been better off in a Bone Yard where it could live-on giving a spare part or two ... to a deserving Monte needing a part.
Ditto.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:30 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: 98monte

I bet if it was a 6th generation peopel would say it was a nice car.

(waits for 6th generation person to post)
From a 6th gen person.

If the 6th gen was in as bad a shape as that one was, it would not be a nice car.

Rightat the very beginning of the video you can see the entire body is smashed up. It appears the roof is buckled on the passenger side, and the rear window is gone. Which tells me the car was likely in a roll over accident. The doors and exhaust are completely removed. And if you notice, the rear brakes are seized in the closed position. The engine didn't sound too healthy either.

There didn't seem to be anything left worth saving. Maybe the doors were saved, and that's why the doors were missing. Maybe the car had a good cat-back exhaust system (like Borla for example), and they removed it. Maybe that's why the exhaust system was missing.

I'm sorry for all the 5th gens out there, but this car was junk to start with. If it was a 6th gen in the same condition, I would say the same thing. I'm not trashing anyone's 5th gen here. I like 5th gens. But since the car was junkyard bound anyway, why not have a little fun before hauling it away?

I can just imagine what some of you guys think of "The Dukes of Hazzard". Between the tv show and the movie, thousands of other-wise good cars of all makes went to the junk yard.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:50 PM

k lol

Old 03-31-2008, 01:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Taz

From a 6th gen person.

If the 6th gen was in as bad a shape as that one was, it would not be a nice car.

Rightat the very beginning of the video you can see the entire body is smashed up. It appears the roof is buckled on the passenger side, and the rear window is gone. Which tells me the car was likely in a roll over accident. The doors and exhaust are completely removed. And if you notice, the rear brakes are seized in the closed position. The engine didn't sound too healthy either.

There didn't seem to be anything left worth saving. Maybe the doors were saved, and that's why the doors were missing. Maybe the car had a good cat-back exhaust system (like Borla for example), and they removed it. Maybe that's why the exhaust system was missing.

I'm sorry for all the 5th gens out there, but this car was junk to start with. If it was a 6th gen in the same condition, I would say the same thing. I'm not trashing anyone's 5th gen here. I like 5th gens. But since the car was junkyard bound anyway, why not have a little fun before hauling it away?

I can just imagine what some of you guys think of "The Dukes of Hazzard". Between the tv show and the movie, thousands of other-wise good cars of all makes went to the junk yard.

You crack me up Taz. It's like you're justifying why you're calling this car a piece of crap (being that it is blatently obvious it was in diar shape to begin with)because it isn't as new as others on this site. lol. If anyone was to be offended by your post, I would say they have issues. LOL. It is a piece...plain and simple. There are 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th gens that are in just as bad of shape or worse. I agree with you...I think it was in a roll over accident too. I don't agree with what they were doing---but they were on private land....I can't believe they weren't buckled in....Could you imagine if the car busted a tie rod, axle shaft, rear suspension part---something that would tweak the landing and throw that guy out? What a moron....lol.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:34 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

didn't those cars have air bags? that would be a mess... lol