Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Where's the Tundra?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 11:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: Where's the Tundra?

ORIGINAL: NTIMD8T

o.k. ha ha....... don't rub it in but so much... I work for Toyota.. after all the research i did they have the best package that was available to me as a parts professional. p.s those commercials unfortunately are real.... had a chance to view the one on the drawbridge as it happened.. they sent us for training to learn the new tundra, i am a chevy man at heart but give em a few years, the research is coming... a diesel is coming in 2010 and there is a performance version being built right now under covers with around 600+ horses as an answer to the next lightning.. enough tooting on the horn... but its sad to say good ole' gm's trucks are mexican, fords are canadian, the tundra is built in indiana or san antonio tx, oh... cowboy the major issue right now is a faulty parts supplier screwed up some cams for the 5.7.. but all a customer has to do is mention it and toyota takes care of it, where as when i owned a dodge i was told by the rep that dodge does not fix any squeaks rattles or trace noises, like he said if the thing works no matter how noisy etc... dodge don't care because it works... don't get me wrong as a man running around with toyota across my chest but i know a little more of what is going on..
LOL! When my 1997 Ram 3500 only had 7k miles on it I got a check engine light.

I had a miss in cylinder 8.

The dealer wanted $800 bucks to check it.

Needless to say, I now have 150k and the check engine light still comes on and off every few thousand miles and I haven't spent a penny to check it.

They put a whole new transmission in my friends 1997 Nissan truck when it had 30k miles.

Too funny.