Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Where's the Tundra?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 01:24 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Where's the Tundra?

Stumbled on this earlier today, it's a picture of a Chevy 3500 HD pulling a Toyota race trailer.

Jalopnik
I just thought it was funny after all those commercials from the Super Bowl about how bad *** the Tundra is and yet Toyota doesn't have a full size pick-up that can handle their trailer with their trucks inside. Oh, and I couldn't resist a bit of text...

Old 11-04-2007, 06:07 AM
Default RE: Where's the Tundra?

[align=center]Hi `Garrett, LOL ~ LOL ~LOL[/align][align=center]Great find Thanks for posting/sharing [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Don't worry Tundra, Chevy will get you to where you want to `Go [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Toyota, We're Here to Race ![/align][align=center]Chevrolet, Hey Toyota, We're Here to Win ! [/align]

Old 11-04-2007, 08:02 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

From Toyota:

the Toyota could pull the trailer... but it's broke down right now. sorry

Old 11-04-2007, 05:54 PM

LOL![:@] Booo Toyota ...

Old 11-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You'd think Toyotawould build a custom truck for the purpose of pulling their trailer. Just to avoid embarassing situations like this.

Do you think Chevy would be caught with a Ford Super Duty pulling a Chevy trailer? I think not.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:45 PM

o.k. ha ha....... don't rub it in but so much... I work for Toyota.. after all the research i did they have the best package that was available to me as a parts professional. p.s those commercials unfortunately are real.... had a chance to view the one on the drawbridge as it happened.. they sent us for training to learn the new tundra, i am a chevy man at heart but give em a few years, the research is coming... a diesel is coming in 2010 and there is a performance version being built right now under covers with around 600+ horses as an answer to the next lightning.. enough tooting on the horn... but its sad to say good ole' gm's trucks are mexican, fords are canadian, the tundra is built in indiana or san antonio tx, oh... cowboy the major issue right now is a faulty parts supplier screwed up some cams for the 5.7.. but all a customer has to do is mention it and toyota takes care of it, where as when i owned a dodge i was told by the rep that dodge does not fix any squeaks rattles or trace noises, like he said if the thing works no matter how noisy etc... dodge don't care because it works... don't get me wrong as a man running around with toyota across my chest but i know a little more of what is going on..

Old 11-04-2007, 07:58 PM

.[/align]just a little info..... the body and suspension has pretty much been given the greenlight... the hino motor talked about here is pretty much a one off just for the concept... hearing through the grapevine it will be a cat v-10 diesel set up kinda like a vw v-8[/align]like i said i don't own one, just work for em and i love my monte to death but all the facts need to be known and if they build this and it's made here i might have to get me one...[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]Toyota Tundra Diesel Dually Project Truck
What is it?
Toyota Tundra Diesel Dually Project Truck

What's special about it?
Toyota says its Tundra Diesel Dually Project Truck makes a "bold and adventurous statement about the contrasts between rugged 'Road Warrior' performance and opulent luxury."

We'd say that's an understatement. Diesel-powered trucks offer utility, true. But the 8.0-liter Hino inline-6 engine shoehorned under the hood of this CrewMax has been built to pull a 35,000-pound commercial truck to the dump, not get your pickup truck to Home Depot. It's rated at 256 horsepower at 2,500 rpm and 745-pound-feet of torque at 1,500 rpm. Unsurprisingly, the Tundra now uses an Eaton five-speed manual truck (a real truck) transmission, and the rear end from a Hino commercial truck.

A massive drivetrain means massive rolling stock, so this custom truck rolls on 22.5-inch forged aluminum wheels custom-made by Alcoa and enormous 295/R6022.5 Michelin Energy rubber. The stock suspension has been tossed aside, as you might well imagine. Out back, suspension struts with Bilstein dampers work in conjunction with a Deaver spring pack. This should come in handy should you decide to put the Reese 24,000-pound 5th-wheel tow hitch to the test.

There are a few other external cues to let everyone at the truck stop know they can just call you "Big Hoss." The 6.5-foot bed rides atop a lengthened frame, and the whole thing is covered in diamond plate. The rear bumper is also made from diamond plate, and the trim is brushed nickel — like your gun. There are PIAA P4000 Quattro lights on top of the cab, and LED clearance lights on the side and back of the cab.

Just as Toyota promises, the interior couldn't be more of a stark contrast with the conventional Tundra. If you're at that aforementioned truck stop, you might want to jump in quickly and slam that door so nobody sees the hand-sewn, French-stitched leather upholstery for the seats (in ginger brown, no less). They complement the taupe suede-upholstered door pillars and headliner fabulously.

The brushed-satin aluminum dash panel adds a touch of ruggedness to the interior while the Kenwood touchscreen navigation unit ain't bad, either. The rear bench seat has been chucked aside in favor of dual captain's chairs and a center console that houses the electronics for dual rear-seat DVD entertainment.

There's a trend toward luxury SUVs and hard-core tough pickups, and Toyota has obviously taken it to the next level.

What's Edmunds' take?
If you're into throwing around such literary gems as "Hoss" and "Big Tex," this truck will make you put your 10-gallon hat on your chest and kneel down in homage. And we like it. Heck, it'd be un-American not to. — James Tate, Contributor

Old 11-04-2007, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks like an even bigger Dodge, but better looking in my mind. Don't think I would get one though, if I ever got a diesel I'd get the Duramax seems how it's the only one that doesn't sound horrible in my mine. I personally prefer cars but I don't have a problem with driving a truck, preferably an older Chevy of some sort.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:41 PM

Hey guys just think, we can only put the blame on GM in helping Toyota to come with a V-8.
They had to do something to keep up with us........ We are only helping them to become better
and stronger....

Old 11-04-2007, 10:43 PM

This is what they should have used
Its the worlds biggest pick-up
Made by International Truck