Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Where Should i put my fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mine runs through a switch and is powered through a wire i tapped into thats on with the key. I run the fogs as drl's so they're always on. And being that they're LED i wasn't that concerned with the power they draw. But for wiring i'd reccomend doing something the guys said above, not what i did

Old 12-17-2012, 07:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by tps221
seeing as getting to the battery is a pain in the *** to get to can i connect it to the aux port somehow. the oone you jump the car from or jump another car
I think this is a good spot to get your power source from. It's easy to get to and provides all the power you need. I would also run a rocker switch into the cabin so you can turn them on and off whenever you want.

Originally Posted by trewyn15
You should jump the car from the battery itself, anything else and you risk melting wiring.

I would do it directly from the battery itself honestly. If that's not possible run it off the fuse box, but make sure you put in an inline fuse. You could also run it from the AUX fuse in the door fuse panels if needed, but you'd still have to run the wires to the fog lights.
On the 5th gens, the batteries are buried by the washer reservoir so it is not possible to jump the battery directly on the terminals. GM remedied this by putting a remote terminal a few inches away from the battery on a post that is accessible to a jumper cable.

Good point on the fuse though.. Make sure you install a fuse inline and as close to the battery as possible if the fog light kit did not come with one.