Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What was your first car!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

wow, a girl in a chevy truck, can't get any better than that
you could also change a flat and do an oil change and most likely know the firing order on a chevy 350 motor!! thats my top 3 musts for gettin hitched LOL, chicks drive pick-ups!!

Old 02-01-2010, 11:26 PM

I can change a flat, I could change the oil if i had to, and the firing order is 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2...

LOL, ok I have to admit, i googled that last one - but now i know! My dad wasn't around much after I started driving, so I didn't get a good enough education on how to work on my truck. I knew where all the parts were on it, just didn't know what to do with them. He did give me a set of tools along with the truck though!

Heh, I did have to push it out of the road a few times when it died on me - weighed all of 110 lbs soaking wet - but usually someone would stop and help. At some point dad put an oil bath air breather on it. That was definitely different but seemed to work

It always amazes me when people don't know just simple things about their cars, like how to check the oil. My best friend didn't know where her disc brakes were or what they looked like! Give it up if she ever had to change a tire...

Old 02-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

cool response Lisa, I like the new sig also. nice contrast, can't wait til summer for some better pics of you monte! see ya

Old 02-01-2010, 11:46 PM

Thanks! I wanted to get something up. I was feeling a little left out with all the cool sigs floating around on here

Old 02-02-2010, 12:48 AM

My first car, bought it when I was 16. '89 Chevy Celebrity. I was proud as hell of that car. I miss it!

Old 02-02-2010, 12:00 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I can change a flat, I could change the oil if i had to, and the firing order is 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2...

LOL, ok I have to admit, i googled that last one - but now i know! My dad wasn't around much after I started driving, so I didn't get a good enough education on how to work on my truck. I knew where all the parts were on it, just didn't know what to do with them. He did give me a set of tools along with the truck though!

Heh, I did have to push it out of the road a few times when it died on me - weighed all of 110 lbs soaking wet - but usually someone would stop and help. At some point dad put an oil bath air breather on it. That was definitely different but seemed to work

It always amazes me when people don't know just simple things about their cars, like how to check the oil. My best friend didn't know where her disc brakes were or what they looked like! Give it up if she ever had to change a tire...
DANG! I think I'm in love. lol

So.................... what was so wrong with your pickup again? Cause it looks like it was a nice truck to me.

Hey you new sig pic. Last summer we were setting around at car shows and we tried making photos just like it. (well, similar anyways)

Let me see if I can find one of them?

Last edited by rj; 02-02-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by rj
So.................... what was so wrong with your pickup again? Cause it looks like it was a nice truck to me.
Yeah, looking back on it, it was a fun truck to start out with. I was constantly having to explain that I didn't put the big dent in the side of it I do have stories from it at least - like when I accidentally did a 360 on a wet road and kept going somehow... I was laughing but the guy with me was screaming like a little girl. Miracle I didn't get hurt, but you know how it is, young and stupid. Heh, he never bummed a ride from me again.

Would love to see the pics. Mine was a result of no way to take a good clear shot of the cars since we only have room to line them up down the drive. Everywhere you look there is a house in the way.

Actually... just saw the pics pop up while previewing the post. Pretty neat! You've got enough montes you could do some real cool stuff combining pics of them all

Last edited by perlgurl; 02-02-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Default first car......

Originally Posted by perlgurl

.That is so awesome ! Some of us guys might be asking you for advice on what
is wrong with our cars from time to time....LOL
It is amazing just how many people don't know how to do basic maintenance on
their vehicles.
Great story !
My Mom and Dad once owned a 89 Celebrity Eurosport. Nice car ! That thing
had a Lot of torque in it. Whenever we first started up the car and shifted it into
reverse or drive; we had to keep our foot of the brake momentarly then let it roll
on out. My Mom wrecked it back in 06. It only had 49,000mi ...

Old 02-02-2010, 03:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

my first car was a black '97 plymouth breeze...we got the car almost brand new a few years before i took it over....was in good shape for all the miles it had been through except the bumper was faded and there were some stains in the carpet. still have it but it got in a flood 2 days after i got the monte and it hasn't quite run as good since. it's got i think over 260,000 miles on it. don't have a pic on my laptop at the moment.

first car i actually learned how to drive with was my dad's midnight blue '01 3500 GMC Duramax HD Sierra =D what a big and wide truck to learn how to drive with lol! but i loved it! we still have it too but i don't have any pics of it on here either =[ i'll get them up later

Old 02-02-2010, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by nascar43
.That is so awesome ! Some of us guys might be asking you for advice on what
is wrong with our cars from time to time....LOL
haha, don't get me wrong, i still know where the parts are and not what to do with them... google is my friend... and i will attempt to do basic stuff. that's part of why i joined the forum. i'm learning a lot from you guys.

SpinEm_90 - wish i had something like that to teach my son how to drive! He's 14 1/2 and begging for my car as his first

Quick Reply: What was your first car!!!!