Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What worst car have you bought ever?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 07:20 AM
Question What worst car have you bought ever?

Hi to all,

I bought this one. Just look at this.

‘It’s a fun-size Audi TT! Only without the fun! In fact it was dreadful to drive – utterly gutless. But the worst thing was you felt such a prat driving it. When I went to drive it, I really did feel like Noddy and Big Ears.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Henry

Welcome to the forum.

I have a tie for two cars. One was my first car, a 1985 cavalier hatchback with 90 horsepower. Talk about gut-less. Zero to sixty.......eventually.

The other was my 99 Grand Am GT. Fun car, looked cool. But it was a money pit with many known issues common to that car.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:07 PM

mine was a 76 ford ltd 351 modified 400, amc eagle, and a 84 cavalier none of them could get out of its own way

Old 10-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

last car for me before the monte was a 2000 chrysler sebring 2-door, very nice looking car but after 3 years owning it, it would just die for no reason. new tires $500, inspection rotors and a bunch of other stuff to try and fix it from just stalling out $1100, and never did get it fixed right, traded it, got pretty much nothing for it, only had 79xxx miles on it!! pretty much sucked...

Old 10-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by cjp_ejp30
mine was a 76 ford ltd 351 modified 400, amc eagle, and a 84 cavalier none of them could get out of its own way

Wow! You were part of the 90 horsepower mid-80's cavalier club too? I think those things were golf carts with doors and a Chevy Bowtie.

There shoulda been support groups for people like us. "Hi. My name's Taz, and I own a Cavalier Type 10."

Old 10-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member

1985 Merkur Xr4ti. Horrible, horrible car.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

worst i have owned was a 1988 chevrolet s10 blazer.. 2.8 v6 4x4 g/f originally bought it and it leaked oil and had no muffler(was replaced with a strait pipe... i put a muffler on it and discovered

That the oil pressure switch was leakin so just took it out an pluged it.. then the doing a a tune up the line bent a little well we too a trip upnorth and on our way home i started smellin gas

poped the good and a hole was rubed throught the line.. luckly a guy stoped and hooked me up with some braided line... wo got home i cut the line and put a fuel filter in, then the starter would

kick on all by it self as you where driving for the life of me couldn't figure it out so cut the stock wire and ran my own to a push buton...yup push button start baby... but the startin it's self

chewed up the fly wheel and stater so got those and put them in... o and in that process a acuantance dicided to help me and do a tune up while i did the flywheel well he put the firing order wrong

so got the trany back in and try to start it and BOOM ok try again BOOM ok wtf so fixed the firing order... ha the backfire blew the mufler wide open.. but f'in parts store gave me the wrong flywheel

so it shook like a mothfer... so had to cut the exhaust and drop the trany again pull out the wrong flywheel and discover it's broke...great get the right one in there and all is good until more

wiring issues... was driving down the road and the courtisy lights turn on...not thinking anything of it i keep goin until some one tells me my lighs arnt working...i still had headlights tho...

so tried and tried and tried but coukdn't figure it out... ended up running a switch for the running light and headlights...o and put a cut out switch in at the same time for the push buton start..

becuasethe g/f broke the key off in the ign... so ok all is good again until driving and it just dies...ok fuel pump isn't working ... so tried this tried that... friend said o test the relay and

so as i check fuses he does that relay good well couldn't figure it out had a guy from work look at it...turned out the comp was shot... got a new one... ok good to go... then again driving along and

dies again... grr wtf fuel pump again... so droped the tank and still had power back there but wasn't working.. turned out to be the ground so ran a ground strait to the frame... worked great...the

then again stupid pump started not working inermitanly... so traced it back again to a wiring issue... so that one got a switch too....ugh what a pain... sorry about the so many post i will condense

tomarow when i get to work or on lunch... just sucks having 200 char to work with per post since i post from my phone ...especially when i have alot to say..

THANKS MIKE FOR CONDESNING IT FOR ME... Was on my way to doing it and already done... again thank you

Last edited by Budsjlm; 10-23-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:39 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Jason,

If you try harder, you

just might beat the post

***** record on here bud?

ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,

I think Space has the

all time record on MCF

for being the biggest post *****? He even wrote a book on it.

Last edited by ChibiBlackSheep; 10-23-2009 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Justin*** uses his phone, and is limited to 200 characters per post. Unfortunate, but he's a great member.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:49 AM

The worst car I ever owned was my 1984 cutlass ciera four door (NOT my 2 door with the 350 in it.) That car was...UGH. issue after issue after issue. had 200 thousand on it tho, and when it was fixed up it would run for about a month....

Old 10-23-2009, 09:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

1994 Plymouth Acclaim. Bought it from a Junk Yard for $100. Had it for 6 months before I blew out the Cat + other things. Would not go faster than 60. Had huge rust spots down the doors, had this aluminum foil stripes on the bottom. Ugly trunk rack. Beat up red... Just needed something to get me through the winter before my Monte, and after my Lumina blew.

Quick Reply: What worst car have you bought ever?