Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What is the ugliest American car ever buiult?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
When I was a kid my mom had a 75 Gremlin. She didn't keep it long. I've had one as well. I think they make cool toys but not good daily drivers. They are not very comfortable.
My ex-brother in law is a dentist. He is also a big Star Trek fan. He named his dental office Star Base Dental. It is full of Star Trek memorabilia. He wanted one of those minivans and have it customized to look like a space shuttle. Those vans do look like space vehicles.
Dang, I almost forgot about the Chevy Lumina APV/Olds Silhouette/Pontiac Trans Sport Vans- I called those "Dustbusters". Mainly because they looked like an '80s Black and Decker portable vacuum..

Oh, don't forget this guy:

Ford's answer to the old-school station wagon. I think the old wagons actually looked better to be honest.

And this one:

The sides look okay, but the huge grill teeth, huge Lincoln badge, and the tiny headlights are just hideous.

And finally this one:

The car can't seem to make up it's mind whether it wants to be a car or hatchback..

Last edited by 05MonteLS; 09-13-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:21 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Those malibu maxx's are horrable

Old 09-13-2011, 03:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i dont think the flex is quite as bad as some of the other things we've mentioned on here. The malibu maxx is just stupid looking in my opinion. I drove a new malibu normal sedan and i'm just not a fan of the looks, the 4 cylinder one i had was under powered.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:06 PM

you gotta get the malibu maxx SS

Old 09-13-2011, 06:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The Malibu Maxx looked ridiculous, but I'd trade the BudChev for a nicely equipped AWD Ecoboosted Ford Flex in a second! One of the few cars I would...

Old 09-13-2011, 06:34 PM

I like old school wagons. I think they are cool. Sounds like a topic for another thread. That ford doesn't even come close to old school. Not really sure what they were going for there.
The Lincoln is just horrible, infact the whole Lincoln lineup bites. I own a Towncar and a Mark VI. If I am driving a Lincoln I want it to look like a lincoln and I want other people to know its a Lincoln. Most of the Lincoln line up could be mistaken for a Toyota or a Hyundai.

I like hatchbacks too. My wife had a Malibu Maxx. Same color as the one pictured but a year or two newer. It had a different grille and it was an 07. We couldn't afford to keep it at the time. The hatch made it practical especially with kids. I didn't like the seats in it. Ours had the V-6 and was peppy enough. I wouldn't own another however the wife misses it.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Those malibu maxx's are horrable
I totally agree, and how dare they make an ss.... I just don't get the guy who wants a Malibu maxx wanting a ss...

Old 09-20-2011, 08:08 PM

hopefully someone can post a pic for me.... plymouth prowler. yuck! most hideous car ive ever seen. i get that its a premade hot rod or whatever, bt its just fugly.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by solaris_vii
hopefully someone can post a pic for me.... plymouth prowler. yuck! most hideous car ive ever seen. i get that its a premade hot rod or whatever, bt its just fugly.
Bite your tongue! The Prowler is lots of things, but ugly? I can't buy that one. Actually if affordable I would buy one with the trailer. Those dam things have not moved much off of MSRP. Instant collectible.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Plymouth prowler is so odd, rare and wierd i think you just have to like it. I saw one in person once a long time ago, i have pictures floating around somewhere but i like them they're very unique.

Quick Reply: What is the ugliest American car ever buiult?