Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What is the ugliest American car ever buiult?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 08:04 PM

I'd also say the Kia Soul, But those hip rapping mice make up for it...a little. not enough, But a little.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:24 PM

thought I'd add the PT Cruiser since its not here yet

Old 09-12-2011, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by LuSe4
Sorry man, no offense. I just really dislike minivans! Lol
I'd prefer an old school 9 passenger wagon but it's not practical with three car seats.
No offense taken. We're cool. It's all good fun.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Monte04LS
thought I'd add the PT Cruiser since its not here yet
I never expected to see this one on the list. I really love the style of this car. It rides nicely too. I also own one of these. Did someone find my list of cars? LOL. I love this thread. Lots of fun.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
I never expected to see this one on the list. I really love the style of this car. It rides nicely too. I also own one of these. Did someone find my list of cars? LOL. I love this thread. Lots of fun.
I like the look of the PT too. I rented one once and I've test driven 2 twice too figure out I don't actually like PT Cruiser. Don't like driving them. I want to but it doesn't work out so I'd probably never buy one. But I think they look cool enough.

Chrysler really mainstreamed retro designing with that one. Now everybodies doing it...

Old 09-12-2011, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I like the look of the PT too. I rented one once and I've test driven 2 twice too figure out I don't actually like PT Cruiser. Don't like driving them. I want to but it doesn't work out so I'd probably never buy one. But I think they look cool enough.

Chrysler really mainstreamed retro designing with that one. Now everybodies doing it...
Chrysler has always been an innovator at bringing new things to market. Maybe it is one of the reasons they always seem to be on the brink of bankruptcy. I bought a retired rental car PT Cruiser in 2003. It is a 2002 model. I like the ride and the style. I don't like the reliability of it. I bought it with 12,500 miles on it and it sits in the back yard with just shy of 70,000 miles. In this time I've had to replace an axel, rebuild the transmission, replace the cooling fan and relays, and the reason it is parked is it broke the timing belt. It is supposed to be an interference engine so I am expecting head work when I finally get around to working on it. It is paid for so it doesn't cost me anything to let it sit. It has been sitting now for three or four years so a little longer won't matter. It is the only Chrysler that I have had that I wasn't happy with the reliability of. I was also disappointed with the restyle that they did in 06. It didn't look as retro anymore and disappointed they discontinued the car. There was so much they could have done with it. I have read that Chrysler management wasn't really behind the car and was trying to kill it off right from the start. At first it was supposed to be a niche car like the Prowler and was supposed to be built in small numbers.when introduced it was the hottest thing since sliced bread and it is hard to kill off something that sells this well and is profitable. They managed to kill it though with a lame restyle. And then no support for the car after that. Chevrolet has proved that there is still a market for the cr with the HHR which is a copy of the PT Cruiser and not as well done. I have a HHR that is assigned to our department at work. And I have driven it. It isn't as nice as the PT. Chevrolet did bring the HHR Panel to market. The PT Cruiser enthusiasts kept asking for it but Chrysler refused to bring it to market. PT Cruiser R.I.P.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

how has no one put these on here!!!

fiat 500...
actually saw one of these in person a few weeks ago

the oversized go cart...

i don't know if it is actually sold in the us yet but i think so

i swear cars are starting to look more and more like the big plastic cars my 2 year old son plays with

Old 09-12-2011, 01:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

HOW DARE YOU PUT THE FIAT 500 ON THIS LIST!!!!

That thing is Italian beauty. Not deserving for this thread

Old 09-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
HOW DARE YOU PUT THE FIAT 500 ON THIS LIST!!!!

That thing is Italian beauty. Not deserving for this thread
HATE IT! we all have our opinions and mine is it's UGLY!

Old 09-12-2011, 01:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

LOL I love those little things

Quick Reply: What is the ugliest American car ever buiult?