Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

? What type of internet device are you using on the MCF ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

On my personal/home time a dell desktop is what I use 99.9% of the time and an ipad mini when I'm downstairs hanging out...No fancy smart phone here, I just can't do it....

At work I use a desktop when I get a chance, I can't justify doing non-work related internet activity while on the job........

Old 09-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Stumpy

I'm Blushing! Thank you for your kind words! Especially the "Young Buck" Thing. I'm sure you know as well as I do, That's not the way we feel first thing in the morning? The first car I work on was a 69 Camaro, hopped up wit street slicks and a 4 speed Huste shifter. Then a 71 Skylark. Yes I grew up, mechanically, in the non emissions control era too. But you do have almost a decade on me and I'm sure, about as much, if not more, wrench head experience! There are a few members here that when they give an answer to a question, I listen! Stumpy is one of them. Weather I have experienced the problem or not! When you are looking to learn Stuff, you gotta know who knows what you want to know! Right? And I do most of my learnin here on MCF using my cell phone. I take lessons from all the members here. Even some of the not so expected members have helped me put 2 + 2 together to come up with 1 working car! It is members like you who Keep me coming back to MCF to learn and share my knowledge! Thank you Stumpy, for being one good teacher on a site Full of Good Teaches!

Last edited by JC Colon; 09-05-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like the Android system. Power by Linux, Very Hard to hack cause No one wants to take the time to hack a Unix based system. Unlike the IPhones, Black berries and and Windows phones. This from my brother in law who has been a program for Intel, IBM, Google and now Microsoft.
My phone has saved the 2 home computers I built. Windows 7 OS. Instead of opening uncertain email on my computer, I open it on my phone. Mail full of Bad stuff in it, comes up with the contents as Jibberish. And my phone keeps on ticking.
I have to be honest though, I've only eaten blackberries, my Eyes stay in my head and my windows stay on my desktop, so I can only pass third party info on those. But, I will always have an Android in my pocket!