Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>What type of Cellphone & Plan do you have ?<

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 08:04 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have an HTC T9295 running Windows 8.1 and love it. Some people bad mouth Windows phones, but (with the exception of the Blackberry phone that recently came out) it has the most secure OS out of all cell phones. Apple and Android users are always having their phones compromised, but nobody has been able to infiltrate the Windows OS. I use TMobile as my carrier and have unlimited talk, text and data @ $40 a month with no contract.

I have logged onto MCF with it, but IB forums are not HTML 5 friendly so I end up on the tablet, laptop or one of the desktop computers to check in.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:35 AM

I got two lines on same account AT&T one is an iphone 5 one is iphone 5S, both unlimited talk & text, 3 gigs shared data and my monthly bill is $89.66
I hardly ever actually use the data I got wifi and work, home & gym.

Old 07-12-2014, 04:35 AM

I just recently paid off our phones thru t-mobile and switched from an over priced, over taxed plan,crappiest signal, to the "new cricket". I have a Galaxy S4 and love it. it takes some pretty awesome pictures, has a nice size screen, plenty of memory, and faster than my daughters tablet and my netbook put together. I have the unlimited talk and text with 2.5gb data.we have the group plan and there are 4 of us. my aunt chose the same plan as me, my daughter only has the 500mb of data, and the hubby chose the 5gb of data. its plenty of data for us all since we have wifi at home. after the total for all 4 lines plus discounts and splitting up the difference evenly between all 4 each phone line cost $35. i use my phone to get on mcf when im in bed winding down, or over a friends house and there isnt a pc around.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I use AT&T

I have a BlackBerry Z10, 4G with unlimited Data.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

I have an Iphone 5, which I like.

I currently have T-Mobile and HATE it. Drops my calls all the time and LTE coverage is awful. Ive had them over a year and I'm getting ready to dump them.

I had Verizon prior to T-Mobile and their service was great, but I got tired of their prices and I needed unlimited minutes and didn't feel like paying Verizon even more.

My work just started offering a corp discount through AT&T and they have the Next program now, so I can keep my current IPhone 5 and just switch to AT&T. So I think I'm going to make that switch soon. I'm hoping they have better service (which I'm sure they do).

Old 07-14-2014, 08:42 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up Cell Phone Provider ReView

Below is a link that's helped me find the best for my area. I learned that most carrier's have a map that shows the coverage/reception. I also check where the Cell phone towers are to my location...

Check out the below link
  • Cell Phone Providers Review 2014 | Best Cell Phone ... < Click 2 view

cell-phone-providers-review.toptenreviews.com/

Mar 6, 2014 - Finding the best cell phone plan is all about finding the right balance. ... sure the carrier you're considering has 4G LTE towers in your area.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

It's obvious that the area you live in impacts your service. I have tried ATT, Sprint, Verizon and T-Mobile. T-Mobile offers the best service and voted #1 two years in a row. I've never had a dropped call, connection time is instantaneous and lightning fast. The only concern I have is if service will change now that T-Mobile and Sprint are merging. Sprint has the worst record in this area.

On a side note - INDEPENDENT (not testing done by panels hired by a particular provider to promote their service) T-Mobile has the fastest network available of all carriers.

Old 07-14-2014, 01:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

i have a samsung note 3 through verizon and love it!

Old 07-14-2014, 05:34 PM

I have a Samsung Galaxy Express and I hate the stupid thing. It freezes at least once a day and I have to take the battery out and put it back in to make it work. I'm almost a year away from an upgrade so I'm stuck with it for awhile. I believe it's a 2 year plan through AT&T. Unlimited texting which I'll probably get rid of because I don't text enough to make the extra $20 charge worth it. Just added an extra gb of data because I kept going over the 2gb in my plan. Ooops :p

Old 07-14-2014, 06:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Tracfone! lol cheap and simple, only works when I don't really need it, ect.... I actually just upgraded to a newer phone that has a touchscreen keypad for texting so that's pretty neat

Quick Reply: >What type of Cellphone & Plan do you have ?<