Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

-> What type of cell phone & plan do you have ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 11:35 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
I have 2 phones i use both unlimited everything, HTC Inspire 4G & Samsung Galaxy S 2 Skyrocket

Hi `Mike, yes I believe that you have unlimited everything 4-Sure....You "R" connected 4-Real...(I still don't know how you can ever get bored), with all your cars, toys etc.

I just viewed the Galaxy S & WoW that thing can just about cook dinner 4 U
===========================================
Hi `Justin, my beach bum friend Mike told me that he will be able to connect to TV using his phone & get NASCAR etc.
We's always only had broadcast T.V. with an rabbit ears to watch T.V. We never watched that much T.V., but I'd love to get ESPN & Speed Channel etc...

Thanks again everyone for your posts & infor....I need to get connected ~> LOL, now I just need a reCharge...Just about finished at work...Peace/Out from `Space

Old 04-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
I just got my Droid 4 on the verizion 4G LTE network with 4gig of data. I dont even come close to that because I'm on wifi almost everywhere I go. We have 5 phones on our plan so it's a little pricey but the teens pay for there data plans I love all the apps available but some of my favorites are listed below

google sky map (a map of space showing planets and constellations)
garage buddy (charts and calculators you would need in the garage)
shazam (song identifier)
Police scanner
angry birds and scrabble are fun too. I also love having all the sports apps of my favorite teams and all my local news apps.
i had the droid 4 for about 2 months or so now and still love it! my plan is unlimited data, unlimitated text, free verizon to verizon minutes, 10 friends and family non verizon numbers free minutes, and i think its 700 additional minutes. we have 2 of the same phones on this plan and we also get a 22% discount because the gf works at the hospital. we are lucky if we use 200 minutes a month out of the 700. since i have unlimited data i download tons of music and surf the web and get on here every chance i get when i am away from the computer on my phone. i have over 40hrs worth of music on my phone lol

"google sky map" is how we keep tabs on you space!

Last edited by Space; 04-05-2012 at 05:42 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:51 AM

Thanks EveryOne for your posts...The Droid Incredible 2 by HTC Android Smartphone from Verizon seems like a great phone (free from Verizon with 2 yr contract)..

There sure are many different kinds of cell phones & plans to choose from (?) I'm still researching them...

It's seems that Verizon is the choice of the majority over AT&T. Hello, can you hear me ?\

Old 04-05-2012, 06:54 AM

If you're in a metro area, it's just a matter of which carrier you want. Get out in the rural areas, and your choices are very limited unless you live along a major interstate. That's a big reason why I have Verizon. They cover pretty much the whole state, and there are places I've been (and regularly travel through) where I have signal and nobody else does. They also have more expansive 3G and 4G networks as well. Shoot, on 4G I'm pulling down 20mbps during normal hours and up to 45 during the night (when I'm awake of course). It's ridiculous.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
Get out in the rural areas, and your choices are very limited.
That's why I have ATT, it's the only provider that I actually had a signal with at my Parents house

Old 04-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

ok, I'm thinking of getting a smart phone and the cheapest option that I like is the ones offered from cricket....... Anyone have any other suggestions? And will I get ripped on if it's a cricket phone, kinda not the best but not sure what the "cool" phones are.......

Old 04-08-2012, 05:24 PM

Samsung Galaxy S T Moblie Pre Paid Unlimited 4G $55.14 a month.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
That's why I have ATT, it's the only provider that I actually had a signal with at my Parents house
That's how it is in the South with Verizon. My old Commanding Officer had AT&T and for 20 of the last 25 miles of our drive to the unit (we live in the same town and drive the same route to drill) he didn't have signal.

Chris,

Cricket isn't a bad option as long as you stay in the metro areas. Once you get away from the beaten path you're roaming and get charged for it unless they have some kind of an agreement with whoever owns those particular towers. They may not have the top of the line phones but it should be alright. Another one to look at is Boost Mobile. Just check on how coverage is with both of them but as far as Teir 2 providers go, those are the two best IMO.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:34 PM

I have a Galaxy S with Telus crappy plan and contract but I work for WIND mobile awesome Canadian cell company once they come to my city because I'm an employee I get a free plan just have to pay for the phone or have a phone
"AWS" compatible (advanced wireless Spectrum) GSM's big brother :P

any way the plans if you're not an employee are great

40$ unlimited everything while in a WIND zone, anywhere that there is WIND towers 5G data before being throttled and no extra charged as well no matter where you are even if you are roaming there is no charges for incoming texts!!!!

Old 04-08-2012, 05:48 PM

I got away from contracts and went to Virgin Mobile not too long ago. Right now, I have the Motorola Triumph but I used to have the Samsung Intercept and LG Optimus V all from Virgin Mobile. I was grandfathered into their $25/Month plan with 300 Minutes and unlimited text and "unlimited" web, meaning it's full speed 3G until I use 2.5gb which I never will. SO far the service is pretty good, with downtime once in a while. Hey, you get what you pay for. I can't afford the $70-80/month with Verizon and other contract carriers.

Quick Reply: -> What type of cell phone & plan do you have ?