Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

(?) What other vehicle(s) do you own besides your Monte (?)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 11:34 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I only have the two Montes and a good pair of work shoes!!

Old 10-15-2015, 12:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

My daily is an 08 buick lacrosse super

And then i have the 89 plymouth horizon. Was my grandmothers car and also my first car. Had it since before i was legal to drive.

Old 10-15-2015, 03:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by BeachBumMike
Thanks `Sean for posting both of your Super Super Chevy's in front of your Castle You are blessed
===========================

Thanks `Dale for posting/sharing your vehicles.
(Hope you are feeling all better)
My leg is doing better, So hopefully I can get up to speed again soon.
thanks for keeping me in mind. Space is always in my prayers too!!

Old 10-15-2015, 04:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by singrseanr
when my wife was looking for a small suv, we drove an Equinox. I liked it but she chose the nissan murano
My wife test drove everything that was out there and she actually bought this one and told me about it when she had it home, they mailed the paper work to me to sign when I was in Oklahoma I think so when I got home it was a surprise. I really like it. One fun feature is the automatic tail gate. Has a great back up camera, and the rear seats adjust like the front ones do which is really cool. The leg room is really better than the 2006 Torrent which is Pontiacs version of the Equinox.
my favorite thing is the speedometer is digital in the center so I can see it with out looking at the regular one with the needle.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:13 PM

my daily 2002 F250

Also for fun 78 Firebird

Old 10-15-2015, 09:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have a 1946 Chevy 2dr sedan with a 350 tuneport out of a Camaro.
I have not worked on it for along time no pic's sorry..

My wife's 2015 Equinox..
She is letting our son use her 2005 Impala SS..LOL

My 1969 Corvette..

Here's my wife's 2005 Impala SS
Our son is using it..

Here's a pic of my 1940 chevy sedan..

Old 10-15-2015, 10:03 PM

07 GP GXP - what I drive most of the time to work

01 Camaro - the eventual donor car for the monte rwd conversion

09 Corvette - the 'other' toy, should be supercharged by the end of the year

15 Ford Edge - wife's new family car.

We just recently got rid of the impala; we were having nothing but problems with that thing and it was getting worse. With a baby on the way, we wanted something a little higher up and a little more roomy.

We looked at GM products, but they just didn't have anything that met our needs. Shockingly, the similar sized suvs to the Edge didn't have rear ac vents at all (equinox / terrain), and we didn't like the powertrain options at all. The 4 cylinder gets the highway gas mileage we want, but the power was miserable. She drives almost all highway, and it really had a hard time passing and getting up to speed. The 6 cylinder had plenty of power, but we're only rated in the low 20 mpg range on the highway and teens in the city. In the Edge, we ended up with the 2.0 L turbo model since it gets 30 mpg and has plenty of power/torque for highway driving. Being an i4 in a v6 engine bay, theres also plenty of room to work on it. I guess I was also a little put off by GM to start with due to the numerous quality issues on our impala.

The only other suv we really liked was the Murano. But really, it came down to powertrain. I was blown away that they're still using the 15 year old vq35 in this thing. Certainly it was a great engine in its time, but it just seems uncompetitive with more modern DI engines, and honestly the 2 liter turbo in the Ford feels more torquey down low. I also wasn't thrilled about having a cvt as the only option. In my opinon, cvt isn't necessarily the next big step - at least not yet with current technology. I don't like how the tow rating is less than half of the Ford's (makes me think it has less design margin in capacity). Also, coming from the impala and all of its transmission issues, I was afraid to step out into something so radically different. In 10 years, if this trans starts acting up and if the cvt doesn't take off (ie a manufacturer has some major recall on them), will I be able to get the transmission repaired at any regular trans shop? At least with the Ford, it's a traditional transmission co-developed with GM, so I would think that any usual transmission place could easily source parts and be able to repair it.

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 10-15-2015 at 10:44 PM.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:21 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up >Thanks EveryOne<

Thanks everyone for postings. Our member's have some great `rides (vehicles) >including their Monte Carlo (s) I've enjoyed reading & seeing your pictures I hope our member did also

Old 10-16-2015, 01:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

2011 cadillac cts-v
2013 ford focus st
2010 kia forte koup

Thinking about trading the kia in on a new taurus sho

Old 10-16-2015, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
2011 cadillac cts-v
2013 ford focus st
2010 kia forte koup

Thinking about trading the kia in on a new taurus sho

Hi Turbo`John,
Thanks for your post of your super stable of vehicles + your Turbo Monte..(pic's please) LOL

I didn't think I'd like the SHO, but one of the guys @ the docks has a All Black One & it looks mean just sitting in the lot. He loves it.

I thought you would've posted the New Focus R for your next ride .but they are going 2 be expensive The one surfer that has a Focus St loves it. He traded his Camaro 4 it (wow) he said he never ever gets tired of driving it. He calls it his Go Kart (lol)

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 10-16-2015 at 03:48 PM.