Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What other vehicals do you drive?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 09:22 PM
Default RE: What other vehicals do you drive?

i like that 85 that would be sweet to have

Old 01-31-2009, 02:42 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Skylark65, tell your dad I said thank you for liking my toy collection. I try my best to make them look nice.

The blue Hardtop I got in july, 1972 when I was 14. It was intended as my high school graduation present from my parents. They paid $150 for the car. I wasn't even old enough to legally drive it home. My dad did. He laughed at me and the car then entire trip.

The 4-door Sedan I got in aug, 1975 from the original owner's estate for $100 with 45,xxx miles on the clock. She has just over 81,000 original miles on her now.

Theother HardtopI bought in january, 1980 from a guy I went to high schoolwith for$150. The 283 V8 under the hood was locked up tight. This friend was out of work, his wife was expecting and they had a 1 year old daughter to feedso the car went. I had a good friend trailor the car home for me. He dumped the car off and tore off cause he didn't want to face my mother when she saw this new '57 setting in the drive.

The windowed Sedan Delivery I bought in oct, 1981 for $1,000. It had sat in a field in southern Indiana next to the Ohio riverfor years. A guy pulled it out, got it running, even painted it in his driveway. Then he traded for a '72 Dodge Charger the guy I got it from had. This new owner decided he didn't want it so he sold it. I was able to buy it and I've owned it ever since.

The 150 Handyman 2-door Wagon I bought from the friend who hauled my other Hardtop home for me. He bought it in the summer of 1980 from a guy about 25 miles from our town. I bought the Wagon from my buddy Steve in late mar, 1988 as a B-day present to myself. Steve's step daughter needed braces and he offered the Wagon to me. In the summer of 1995 I met the guy Steve bought the Wagon from in 1980. This former owned gave me a picture of the Wagon setting in his parents drive in 1974. Kind of cool I thought.

The 210 DelRay happened to show up at the body shop that repaired the rear end damage of my '93 Dodge Shadow ES for me in sept, 2004. The guy I got it from stated it was his veryfirst car he got in 1975 when he was 15. (our liveskind of paralleled each other)
He took the '57 to this body shop wanting a frame off restoration. They must have had words, theshop kept the car for what they had in it, and sold it to me for $300.They even delivered the '57 to me for free.
From what I can tell the '57 hasn't seen the streets for close to 30 years. I hope to change all that.
For the $300 price I even got a Muncie 4-speed in the car.

Say the Buick you own. I bought a silver one for a former girlrfiend. My brother in law bought the car and drove it for a few years. He got tired of it and parked it behind an abandonded gas station till I bought itfor $75.
This girlfriend dumpedme for a dope dealer when junked it. Sad since the car was a California car with very little rust.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Enzo354

Black with orange stripes?
Na, like this photoshop I put together, looks like the Camaro I made in Midnight Club LA just without the wheels.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

RJ, always love hearing the stories behind how someone came into ownership of an old car, probibly because i have been listining to my dad tell similar stories to me for my 17 years of exsistance. we have ALBUMS full of pictures of cars hes owned, each with a story to tell, some good, like the blue hardtop, some not so good, like the silver buick. my dad actuallygave me the buick for my birthday 3 years ago, sure, its no 57, but its solid as a rock and is 90% original, in mint condition.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:58 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Godbot that looks sweet!

Old 02-01-2009, 12:55 AM
rj
15 Year Member

RJ, always love hearing the stories behind how someone came into ownership of an old car, probibly because i have been listining to my dad tell similar stories to me for my 17 years of exsistance. we have ALBUMS full of pictures of cars hes owned, each with a story to tell, some good, like the blue hardtop, some not so good, like the silver buick. my dad actuallygave me the buick for my birthday 3 years ago, sure, its no 57, but its solid as a rock and is 90% original, in mint condition.

That's a cool story about your Buick.

I'd like to hear more about your dad's Wagon.

And if he's not a member of the '55/6/7 Chevy boards on Chevy Talk, he needs to be.
http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/

We have a Tri-5 members calendar we do every year that your's truely is in charge of getting printed up thden sent out to the members who buy a copy.
We used to have multipule cars on one page but the members decided they'drather vote on one car/page of the calendar.
They vote on the 12 they like the best. Another CT member edits the images then I load the pics on a CD and get the calendars printed up.
This year and last we got the calendars for$12/calendar. Not a bad price. And I ship for actual shipping charges.
A guy in Sweden bought 25 calendars. His order with shippingwas justover $400 american dollars.

It's been a fun project that I hope continues.