Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: My Monte is...
a POS. I will drive it til it dies. Then grab the plates and go.
2.50%
a nice car but when it hits X number of miles or something major breaks I'm trading it in.
5.00%
my baby. She only comes out if there is no inclement weather with in a thousand miles.
25.00%
my daily driver for now. I want her to run forever and I will eventually make a toy out of her.
57.50%
in rough shape. She is a project car that I will make new again.
10.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

What Kind Of Monte Carlo Do You Own?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 06:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
Where is the none option? lol
Right by the log out button

Old 10-01-2011, 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by SolaraSlayer
Hey, I'm just a big joker. I haven't been here a while, so I apologize. Growing up poor, we learned to appreciate our skate board even if it only had 3 wheels.

I don't believe in calling anyone's personal possession a POS. One mans trash is another man's treasure.

I love all cars, any cars, anything is better than catching the bus or taking a taxi.

We are fortunate in America to be in the 5% of people in this world that even owns a car, POS or not.

Peace.
Hello Dave; we are cool. I do understand everything that you are saying. I am fortunate now that I am making good money. It wasn't always that way. My teens to my thirties I worked in automotive salvage yards and that is where the majority of my cars came from. I was driving another mans trash. Some of it was good but some of it was trash. I have seen cars that should never have been in the condition in which I saw them. Just goes to show some people have no appreciation for machinery. I love cars. It used to be that if it didn't have a pentastar I had no use for it. I have matured and my taste for automobiles have expanded to include most. Still won't do a KIA Lol.
- try to tread lightly here because this is a Chevy site and I'm not a die hard Chevy guy. I have been welcomed here with open arms and the dialog has been great. There are even some CHEVPAR guys here too. Thanks for your insight. Glad to have it. Gregg.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Cat 3! Maybe with in two thousand mile of rain.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
It used to be that if it didn't have a pentastar I had no use for it. I have matured and my taste for automobiles have expanded to include most.
That used to be me, also. All Mopar. Then I started running Chevy's too, as daily drivers. I also used to be a total rear wheel drive snob.:p Anymore, I feel that enough important issues divide us (politics and religion? for example) that I don't need to make enemies with people over what kind of cars we drive.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:56 AM

There are even some CHEVPAR guys here too. Thanks for your insight. Glad to have it. Gregg.[/quote]

I like your new word! Did you just make that up??? Thanks for starting this thread, it's been quite entertaining!

Old 10-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

I guess catagory 4 describes my Monte the best. It is a daily driver, so routine maintenance and upkeep is mandatory. I will do a few tweaks here and there to keep it running optimal and tailor it to my personal references. It's definitely not 'just a car' though. I take pride in owning and driving it, and can become a bit OCD (or is that OMD?) when it comes to keeping it clean and where I'll park it. I'm the strange dude parked in the far end of the lot doing a quick detail wipe down, washing the windows, polishing the wheels or vacuuming while the wife is in the store shopping.

Old 10-01-2011, 12:03 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I don't get it? The "garage" button isn't an option?

Old 10-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
You....

Old 10-03-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Possum
There are even some CHEVPAR guys here too. Thanks for your insight. Glad to have it. Gregg.
I like your new word! Did you just make that up??? Thanks for starting this thread, it's been quite entertaining![/QUOTE]

Yes I did make it up. I thought of another that seems to roll off the lips better. Mew word MOPAROLET. I am glad that you are enjoying the thread. I like to tell stories and got others involved. It makes for lots of fun.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
Hello Dave; we are cool. I do understand everything that you are saying. I am fortunate now that I am making good money. It wasn't always that way. My teens to my thirties I worked in automotive salvage yards and that is where the majority of my cars came from. I was driving another mans trash. Some of it was good but some of it was trash. I have seen cars that should never have been in the condition in which I saw them. Just goes to show some people have no appreciation for machinery. I love cars. It used to be that if it didn't have a pentastar I had no use for it. I have matured and my taste for automobiles have expanded to include most. Still won't do a KIA Lol.
- try to tread lightly here because this is a Chevy site and I'm not a die hard Chevy guy. I have been welcomed here with open arms and the dialog has been great. There are even some CHEVPAR guys here too. Thanks for your insight. Glad to have it. Gregg.
Hey, I own a Ram 3500, guess what, I was in love with it until it threw a rod at 140k miles. My Monte is reaching 160k with no signs of breaking down.

Quick Reply: What Kind Of Monte Carlo Do You Own?