Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: My Monte is...
a POS. I will drive it til it dies. Then grab the plates and go.
2.50%
a nice car but when it hits X number of miles or something major breaks I'm trading it in.
5.00%
my baby. She only comes out if there is no inclement weather with in a thousand miles.
25.00%
my daily driver for now. I want her to run forever and I will eventually make a toy out of her.
57.50%
in rough shape. She is a project car that I will make new again.
10.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

What Kind Of Monte Carlo Do You Own?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 05:50 PM
Default What Kind Of Monte Carlo Do You Own?

No I'm not dumb! I realize that the Monte Carlo was built by the Chevrolet division of General Motors and I also know when and I do know there were different models as well. This is not what I am asking.
Generally cars, and I mean all cars as this is not specific to any one model, fall into about one of a few categories.
Category one: My Monte is a POS. I will drive it til it dies and will leave it where ever that event occurs. Grab the plates and go.
Category two: my Monte is a nice car but it is just transportation. When it hits X number of miles or something major breaks I'm trading it for something else.
Category three: my Monte is my baby. She is pretty much a toy that I cruise and show and she only comes out if there is no inclement weather with in a thousand miles.
Category four: my Monte is my daily driver for now. I want her to run forever and I will keep fixing her and eventually make a toy out of her.
Category five: my Monte is in rough shape. She is a project car that I am collecting parts and information to make her as new again. She will be a cruiser and a toy.
From the categories above, where does your Monte fall? Is there another category that I neglected and if so feel free to add it. Don't feel bad about where your car falls because we all have Monte's for different reasons.

Last edited by mousehousemoparman; 09-29-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:54 PM

My Monte Carlo is a coupé :p (Daily Driver)

Old 09-29-2011, 05:56 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Id prob say mine falls under category 4 cuz its my dd but its still i great shape but id sell it if i has major issues

Old 09-29-2011, 05:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
Category one: My Monte is a POS. I will drive it til it dies and will leave it where ever that event occurs. Grab the plates and go.
Category two: my Monte is a nice car but it is just transportation. When it hits X number of miles I'm trading it for something else.
Category three: my Monte is my baby. She is pretty much a toy that I cruise and show and she only comes out if there is no inclement weather with in a thousand miles.
Category four: my Monte is my daily driver for now. I want her to run forever and I will keep fixing her and eventually make a toy out of her.
Category five: my Monte is in rough shape. She is a project car that I am collecting parts and information to make her as new again. She will be a cruiser and a toy.
From the categories above, where does your Monte fall? Is there another category that I neglected and if so feel free to add it. Don't feel bad about where your car falls because we all have Monte's for different reasons.
Category six: daily driver / toy cruiser and show..

Old 09-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

i am in Category 3. I baby my monte carlo.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

No I'm not dumb! I realize that the Monte Carlo was built by the Chevrolet division of General Motors and I also know when and I do know there were different models as well. This is not what I am asking.
Generally cars, and I mean all cars as this is not specific to any one model, fall into about one of a few categories.
Category two: my Monte is a nice car but it is just transportation. When it hits X number of miles I'm trading it for something else.
So a mopar guy is asking these questions?????????

I truly think that no one should answer.

I own a 5.9 Ram with a Hemi and I would never ask these questions.

Forgive me if my assumptions are incorrect.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:03 PM

My Monte falls into category number five. I like the car but am not in love with the car. If I found someone who I knew would restore her correctly back to showroom stock and compensate me for the money I have in her, my Monte would most likely go to a new home. I like the body style but she isn't my favorite. What is my favorite you ask? I would say that would be a black SS Aerocoupe with T-Tops, red interior with buckets and floor shifted console. I would also be happy with a marron one too. I would also like the same car without the Aerocoupe. Those are my favorite Monte Carlos.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

My Monte falls into category number five. I like the car but am not in love with the car. If I found someone who I knew would restore her correctly back to showroom stock and compensate me for the money I have in her, my Monte would most likely go to a new home. I like the body style but she isn't my favorite. What is my favorite you ask? I would say that would be a black SS Aerocoupe with T-Tops, red interior with buckets and floor shifted console. I would also be happy with a marron one too. I would also like the same car without the Aerocoupe. Those are my favorite Monte Carlos.
I am just an old car guy and have owned almost 20 cars. If my car got me from place to place, it did its job. I could never imagine a true car guy calling anything they own a POS. That must be a young guy's thing.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Category four

Old 09-29-2011, 06:18 PM

My Monte is my daily driver, the only car I own, and most of all my baby. There's nothing I wouldn't do for this car, nothing I'd refuse to spend money on if I thought she needed it. I miss the car when she's in the driveway and I'm in the house. Sometimes I dream about her. I pretend I'm wiping away dirt so I can pat her. I don't know what category this would be in, but she's everything to me...excuse me while I grab a tissue. I've gotten way too emotional!!!!

Quick Reply: What Kind Of Monte Carlo Do You Own?