Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: My Monte is...
a POS. I will drive it til it dies. Then grab the plates and go.
2.50%
a nice car but when it hits X number of miles or something major breaks I'm trading it in.
5.00%
my baby. She only comes out if there is no inclement weather with in a thousand miles.
25.00%
my daily driver for now. I want her to run forever and I will eventually make a toy out of her.
57.50%
in rough shape. She is a project car that I will make new again.
10.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

What Kind Of Monte Carlo Do You Own?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by SolaraSlayer
So a mopar guy is asking these questions?????????

I truly think that no one should answer.

I own a 5.9 Ram with a Hemi and I would never ask these questions.

Forgive me if my assumptions are incorrect.
Yes I am a Mopar guy asking this question. I am sorry if you are offended as it isn't my intent. The question can be asked of any make or model not specifically a Monte Carlo. I enjoy the dialog here on MCF and am added a thread for more dialog. The Monte Carlo has been around since 1969 as a 1970 model and continued until a few years ago with an interruption in between. Because of this long run there are Monte's out there that range from Junk to showroom stock new and customized show poodles. This question let's everybody know what everybody else has got. I'm not trying to slam anybodies car or the Monte Carlo itself. I think the Monte Carlo is a great car. My car was headed to the junk yard and I resurrected it from dead. I will most likely restore her to show condition. I don't see anything wrong with the question I posed. Gregg

Old 09-29-2011, 06:23 PM

Mine is kind of a category 3/4 hybrid right now. When I purchased her last October, I only planned on going to shows and cruise-ins, work maybe once or twice per week, things of that sort. Then my wife got sick and I needed a safe comfortable (the gas mileage helped too) highway cruiser for the 2 1/2 hour one way hospital trips. My Monte DEFINITELY won't be coming out in the winter salt, though. I expect to put far fewer miles on her next year.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Possum
My Monte is my daily driver, the only car I own, and most of all my baby. There's nothing I wouldn't do for this car, nothing I'd refuse to spend money on if I thought she needed it. I miss the car when she's in the driveway and I'm in the house. Sometimes I dream about her. I pretend I'm wiping away dirt so I can pat her. I don't know what category this would be in, but she's everything to me...excuse me while I grab a tissue. I've gotten way too emotional!!!!
That is an awesome answer. I wish everyone felt that way about their car. Think how many would never see a crusher? I applaud you.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:00 PM

I am just an old car guy and have owned almost 20 cars. If my car got me from place to place, it did its job. I could never imagine a true car guy calling anything they own a POS. That must be a young guy's thing.
I also am a car guy. I currently own 26 cars as we speak. I don't know what age has got to a codition of a car. I have owned new cars, cars that I have customized that I used to show, cruise and daily drive, and I have owned POS's. It is what it is. I grew up in New England where rust and salt run rampant. I have driven Mopars where the rear spring shackles are hitting the inside of the trunklid where they rusted and broke thru the trunk. I've driven Mopars where the torsion bar mount broke due to rust it and it looks like a low rider. I have driven cars where the body panel flap in the wind due to rust. I have seen G-bodies where the frame broke due to rust and the back bumper is held in place by rope. All of the above went from point A to point B and all of these are POS's. It is because of a lack of maintenance and circumstances that got the car to this point. This is just my opinion how I see it.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

So a mopar guy is asking these questions?????????

I truly think that no one should answer.

I own a 5.9 Ram with a Hemi and I would never ask these questions.

Forgive me if my assumptions are incorrect.

Dave, mousehousemoparman isn't trying to be insulting. He was just adding a SpaceRider-style thread to contribute to conversation.

I added the poll at the top of the page. I had to trim down the descriptions of each choice though. It only allows 100 characters per choice.

I went with choice #4. It's my daily driver, and only car, for now. But hoping to make it a fair-weather only car eventually.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Cat 3 for sure

Old 09-29-2011, 08:21 PM

My daily driver 55 miles round trip work and back. I've had her since Nov 10 I have 11 payments left then its new wheels, paint, spoiler and turbo plus tranny maybe motor !

Old 09-29-2011, 09:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

a project.... see link under sig.... money,and time fall short.. it will get there it is just a matter of time

Old 09-29-2011, 10:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

probally cat 4 for me. Shes a little rough around the edges and is my daily driver but i still do take care of her.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by KJRich
Mine is kind of a category 3/4 hybrid right now. When I purchased her last October, I only planned on going to shows and cruise-ins, work maybe once or twice per week, things of that sort. Then my wife got sick and I needed a safe comfortable (the gas mileage helped too) highway cruiser for the 2 1/2 hour one way hospital trips. My Monte DEFINITELY won't be coming out in the winter salt, though. I expect to put far fewer miles on her next year.
Kerry I applaud you as well. Your priorities are as they should be. Family first and the car some where thereafter. I hope your wife is on the road to recovery. Your Monte shouldn't be any worse for the wear. They are tough cars. I hope you don't have to drive it in the snow and salt but if you do family is still more important and you can find another Monte if it comes down to that.

Has anybody noticed that SNOW and SALT are nasty four letter words. Lol.

Quick Reply: What Kind Of Monte Carlo Do You Own?