Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What do you do in hot weather?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 11:29 PM

haha i worked at the pizza shop today since im waiting to here about my real job this week, the overs are hotter than hell and i was sweatin my nuts off but yea now ive been drinkin and well, i just about cant tellhow hot is is anymore if ya catch my drift

Old 06-19-2012, 11:41 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Just a friendly reminder, it has already happend here in Pittsburgh today...

this goes for kids, pets and people of all ages..............

and always check on the elderly during these extremely hot periods.......

Last edited by monte carlo 3831; 06-19-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The heat don't really bother me too much. I just hate it when you have somewhere to go and you get there all sweaty even with the AC on.

Good advice Chris. I'll add stay hydrated with gatorade, powerade or just plain old water.

Last edited by lougreen03; 06-20-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:09 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MonteSSS
haha i worked at the pizza shop today since im waiting to here about my real job this week, the overs are hotter than hell and i was sweatin my nuts off but yea now ive been drinkin and well, i just about cant tellhow hot is is anymore if ya catch my drift
Working in a kitchen in this weather would totally suck! I know I have to do it twice a month until we go back to regular hours lol

Old 06-20-2012, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
Just a friendly reminder, it has already happend here in Pittsburgh today...

this goes for kids, pets and people of all ages..............

and always check on the elderly during these extremely hot periods.......
good reminder! I was taking cans back a few days ago and there was a crew cab 09 Ram with the windows down running and there were two you children in car seats in the back I waited 15 mins before calling the cops. The lady had 1,788 cans that were being counted and thought it'd be ok to let them sit in the truck for an hour since it was running! I only saw it for 15 mins but leaving them for an hour!!! Thats terirble.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

become friends with someone that has a pool (if not already) go there and go swimming/drink beer all day until the sun goes down, by that time you will be to messed to cook so order a pizza and keep drinking well into the night (3-4am). then sleep and sleep good and well into the next day to make sure the hang over is gone (12pm is good) then wake up and you should be refreshed and ready for round 2 of the same thing and since its noon already you wont feel so bad drinking

Old 06-21-2012, 11:47 AM
rj
15 Year Member

What do I do in hot weather?

I go to car shows.

I used to exercise in 100 degree temps. Made my mother mad as h3ll. Didn't bother me a bit.

Using a wet hand towel with ice inside placed around your neck helps reduce the heat you feel.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by turbo monte
become friends with someone that has a pool (if not already) go there and go swimming/drink beer all day until the sun goes down, by that time you will be to messed to cook so order a pizza and keep drinking well into the night (3-4am). then sleep and sleep good and well into the next day to make sure the hang over is gone (12pm is good) then wake up and you should be refreshed and ready for round 2 of the same thing and since its noon already you wont feel so bad drinking
always sounds like a good plan. I havent stayed up until 4 A.M. or later since I was 18 me and my buddy do stay up til 2 sometimes 3 though drinkin and playing zombies on black ops. Sadly we totally suck and usually die on level 12

Old 06-21-2012, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by rj
What do I do in hot weather?

I go to car shows.

I used to exercise in 100 degree temps. Made my mother mad as h3ll. Didn't bother me a bit.

Using a wet hand towel with ice inside placed around your neck helps reduce the heat you feel.
Sounds pretty much like my fiance (minus the car show part lol). She loves absolutely loves hot weather. Its kinda scary even if it get 75 or below shes in a hoody. Shes even admitted that she thinks its cold unless its 80+ she likes to swim too and one day we drove past the pool going to the store. It wa 94 degrees out with about 3mph wind if that so not much of a breeze. She looks out the window of the car and goes "OMG I can't believe they're swimming in this weather its not warm enough for that yet" I slammed the brakes pulled over and showed her the temp on my overhead in my truck which read 94. She looks at it and says to me "ohh well it dosen't feel that warm" yeah i think shes crazy

Old 06-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

What do I do in hot weather? I sweat. So I spend as much time in the A/C as possible. Never learned to swim, otherwise I'd be in the pool in hot weather. Enjoying some ice cold pepsi's.

This past tuesday (and every tuesday) was Cruisin The Dub night at a local A&W. Even in the 95 degree heat, classic car owners showed up for cruise night. Pretty sure the restaurant sold a lot of root beer that night.

Quick Reply: What do you do in hot weather?